November 20, 2017, 02:27:45 AM

Author Topic: Squirrel Doggin'  (Read 3690 times)

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
Squirrel Doggin'
« on: January 20, 2010, 08:25:21 PM »
Just got back from a squirrel hunt with a couple of squirrel dogs. Man, let me tell you, if you've never done this, you gotta try it. It's a blast. We ended up with 6 kills, all treed by the curs. One hung up in a tree and wouldn't fall. No matter how much lead it absorbed >:( Sorry about the poor quality photo, all I had was a cell phone set on low resolution.
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Squirrel Doggin'
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 08:25:50 AM »
That had to be a blast, ellwood!  O0  O0 O0 O0

I wish I could hunt with a good squirrel dog. I raised a Bassett, hoping for a squirrel dog. She flat didn't pan out.  :sad: She doesn't get far from her food dish.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 10:53:09 AM »
Probably about 2 more months and I'm going to be the owner of a little Mountain Feist, specifically for the purpose of treeing squirrels. O0  I can't wait!!!!!!!

I bet you did have a blast Ellwood.  After I get my dog trained, I'll have to bring him over in your direction and show you fellers what "real" dog looks like. :wink: ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 12:14:31 PM »
Once my Jack Russel passes on I'm probably going to get me a fiest, the JR showed up here late in life and doesn't like loud noises. Back in my youth I had a border collie that was a squirrel hunting machine. If I can get a fiest to hunt 1/2 as hard as she did I'll be pleased.

Killed 1/2 dozen this morning between the kid and me even with the wind over 10mph, still hunted an oak bottom. Took a break and cooked some deer sausage over a coffee can grill for breakfast and dang they were good.

Nick T

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 12:59:47 PM »
Once my Jack Russel passes on I'm probably going to get me a fiest, the JR showed up here late in life and doesn't like loud noises. Back in my youth I had a border collie that was a squirrel hunting machine. If I can get a fiest to hunt 1/2 as hard as she did I'll be pleased.

Killed 1/2 dozen this morning between the kid and me even with the wind over 10mph, still hunted an oak bottom. Took a break and cooked some deer sausage over a coffee can grill for breakfast and dang they were good.

Nick T
Nice going, Nick That Lives In Squirrels Galore, USA!  :wink: O0 Or, call you Nick Squirrel Terminator, maybe?  O0
Probably about 2 more months and I'm going to be the owner of a little Mountain Feist, specifically for the purpose of treeing squirrels. O0  I can't wait!!!!!!!

I bet you did have a blast Ellwood.  After I get my dog trained, I'll have to bring him over in your direction and show you fellers what "real" dog looks like. :wink: ;D
  O0 O0 O0 O0 What are you going to name the little squirrel getting machine, BC?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 01:36:14 PM »
What are you going to name the little squirrel getting machine, BC?

Mongo !!!

:twisted: O0 :twisted: O0 :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 05:16:44 PM »

Mongo !!!

:twisted: O0 :twisted: O0 :twisted:
I LIKE that name!  O0 You and Nick both get squirrel dogs, there won't be a squirrel left south of me!  :twisted:

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 06:20:46 PM »
I LIKE that name!  O0 You and Nick both get squirrel dogs, there won't be a squirrel left south of me!  :twisted:

I think ours are sending north for reinforcements. There'll be more here for next season, guess they use the summer for basic training.  ;D

Nick T

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 07:55:38 PM »
So that's where our squirrels have been disappearing to!  :shock: I bet they are stockpiling ammo and munitions, too!  :tickedoff  :wink:

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 09:40:37 PM »
I used to have a little mountain fiest great dog but never got to teach her to hunt squirrelz :'(
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Facebook Comments