November 15, 2018, 03:54:30 AM

Author Topic: Clear cut runnin' Jan-26  (Read 1612 times)

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
Clear cut runnin' Jan-26
« on: January 25, 2010, 04:02:29 PM »
Went solo today, chasing the cowardly clearcut bunnies. Man were they ever chicken. Had 7 or 8 runs that went straight to the hole. I put 2 in one hole and when I got after the next one, I made a beeline back to the same hole and cut it off. I'm sure it was on the way underground too. I only got one real good run, and he was a big buck rabbit. Man, this guy was really packing!! How about we have another contest, similar to the squirrel gnut contest we had last year
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: Clear cut runnin' Jan-26
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 04:22:32 PM »
I was wondering if you were going to brave the wind today. Glad to hear that there are some bunnies up there but too bad the coyotes got them that scared you can't even get a good run out of them. Maybe we can hit it again before the season goes out and just post standers on the holes you found!!! :knuppel2 O0 ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 06:02:13 PM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 08:55:02 PM »
Man, Ellwood is so fast he's already a day ahead of us.  :roll: ;D ;D  The rest of us are still stuck on the 25th, and Ellwood's already huntin' rabbits on the 26th.  :shock:

;D ;D ;D O0 O0 O0

Just messin' with ya' man! O0  That old boy had a heck of a set on him. :shock:  Looks like he was the Bohica of the clear cut!  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 09:24:30 AM »
Man, Ellwood is so fast he's already a day ahead of us.  :roll: ;D ;D  The rest of us are still stuck on the 25th, and Ellwood's already huntin' rabbits on the 26th.  :shock:

;D ;D ;D O0 O0 O0

Just messin' with ya' man! O0  That old boy had a heck of a set on him. :shock:  Looks like he was the Bohica of the clear cut!  ;D
  O0 Yeah on that!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 09:42:24 AM »
Thats it, BC needs to put on a wabbit nugget contest! What say you? O0 ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 10:33:41 AM »

Just messin' with ya' man! O0  That old boy had a heck of a set on him. :shock:  Looks like he was the Bohica of the clear cut!  ;D

Bohica ain't got nothing on this guy.
They say a rabbit always runs in his territory. If that's true, this guy is seeing more action than Tiger Woods. The way these bunnies were hitting holes, they surely knew where they were, after all, you wouldn't want to be searching for one with a pack of dogs after you and people shooting at you. I believe this is why bunnies generally run a loop. They get to the edge of their territory and have to go back. This ol' boy ran the entire cut and surrounding woods, TWICE. The only way I was able to get him was to set up on an opening he had already crossed and then just wait him out.
I am just beginning to see rabbits bunched up now, so I believe the bunnyrut is already under way. I hope Daddyrabbit here has already spread his seed. There are plenty of rabbits there as indicated by "pills" everywhere, but they just won't run. This guy was clearly an exception. Maybe these women are just mad at him now and won't let him in their hole. Or he may be on the run for back child support. Either way, his best option was to stay on the move ;D

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:49:30 AM by ellwoodjake »
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »
Thats it, BC needs to put on a wabbit nugget contest! What say you? O0 ;D ;D ;D
Y'all will have to count me out. We don't see any rabbits around here this time of year.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »
If them nuggets had been any bigger you'd have needed an elephant gun to kill it!! :twisted: :roll: :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments