December 16, 2017, 07:26:34 PM

Author Topic: beer battered blue gills and onion rings  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
beer battered blue gills and onion rings
« on: December 19, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »
Never been much of a panfish eater, but i'm about to start keeping them all...  caught a mess of blue gills on saturday and only kept the ten biggest.  filleted them, which was not easy, i thought it would be easy like perch, but their bones are way harder to cut through.  anyways heres the recipe, it was excellent on a left over onion as well.

3/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
1/2 tablespoon salt
enough Coors light to make it just thinner than pancake batter, about 1/3 of a can.  (this was an idaho single left over from a dune trip back in september, so it was prettty skunky)

boil them in oil till brown, the sugar in the batter makes them pretty dark, but they weren't burned.

Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: beer battered blue gills and onion rings
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 08:14:35 PM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 LOOKS GOOD, Dune!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 10:37:11 PM »
Looking good! O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 11:55:19 AM »
You know Dune, with the way you cook, you'd make someone a dang good wife some day.  ;)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 12:36:19 PM »
You know Dune, with the way you cook, you'd make someone a dang good wife some day.  ;)

Ain't that the damn truth, my old lady can only sorta cook 3 things...  everything else she F@#$'s up!  She cooks in another part of the house ;) , so i put up with it.  When my mom and dad got divorced, i think my mom tried training me to be a better husband, cooking was the only thing that stuck.
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 01:39:09 PM »
Ain't that the damn truth, my old lady can only sorta cook 3 things...  everything else she F@#$'s up!  She cooks in another part of the house ;)

Kinda like Ron White telling his wife, as the smoke detector is going off, "Honey, the food is done before that particular buzzer goes off."  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 09:19:39 AM »

Kinda like Ron White telling his wife, as the smoke detector is going off, "Honey, the food is done before that particular buzzer goes off."  ;D
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments