December 13, 2017, 03:51:31 PM

Author Topic: Brunswick Stew  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Brunswick Stew
« on: January 27, 2010, 03:20:55 PM »
Brunswick Stew

6 to 8 squirrels, parboiled and deboned
4 large onions, diced
5 tablespoons bacon fat
6 cups water
1-28 oz. Can diced tomatoes
1 cup sherry
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 pounds fresh or 2-20 oz. packages frozen lima beans
2 cups fresh or frozen corn
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
4 tablespoons melted butter

In a dutch oven, fry the onions in bacon fat, then remove them. Brown the squirrel meat. Add the water, tomatoes, sherry, and Worcstershire sauce. Simmer partially covered for 30 minutes. Add the Lima beans and Corn, simmer for 30 minutes. Add salt, pepper,and red pepper to taste. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and drizzle the butter over the top, then stir. Cook uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes more. It's ready when a wooden stirring spoon will stand upright in the pot.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Brunswick Stew
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:13:36 PM »
Many, many moons ago a friends wife used that same recipe with venison instead of squirrels and it was AWESOME!!

Regardless of the meat it should be a LAW that says when having Brunswick stew you must have CORN BREAD as well.

You got to sop up every last drop!!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Brunswick Stew
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 10:42:37 AM »
Sure sounds great!  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 I am going to have to get a Dutch oven!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments