October 20, 2017, 04:55:17 AM

Author Topic: Have ya'll seen any action yet?  (Read 1051 times)

april

Have ya'll seen any action yet?
« on: October 25, 2003, 01:44:36 AM »
I haven't hunted for deer yet (though I outta be out there with a bow..).

We (I and other members) have been doing last minute work on our lease..and have scared up numerous does...as well as some bucks (spikes...and some 4 points).  

Where I set up my stand around the house, I've seen lots of scrapes and rubs.

Anyone havin any luck yet?

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 02:47:04 AM »
hey april. i have gun hunted for 17-18 years but this year was my first for bow. yep, igot a non-typical six point a week and a half ago. i hunt north of paducah, ky about 20 mins. :wink:  :wink: check out the album. got a pic there, :D i've seen one eight but.......... i missed :oops:  :oops: . have also seen several does and a rub line with several fresh scrapes. i'm after the eight point. 8)  8)  :twisted:
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

april

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 04:48:01 AM »
That's a nice buck there, southern sun. :D

I don't get to get out there with a bow as much as I want.. :cry: ...but I make up for it when rifle season's in.

Oh, and I hunt in central & western Alabama.

April :wink:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 07:06:10 AM »
I got a doe last weekend with a muzzleloader.  The big 10 pt. that's using the area didn't show up though.  Hopefully, he'll show during our gun season in a few weeks. :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2003, 10:55:31 AM »
I've been in the woods the past 2 weekends. Took a new hunter with me the first one , he just couldnt sit still. I saw to does. This past weekend I saw three does, One with in 12 feet of me. I was sittin on the ground against a tree and she walked right up. She new something wasnt right but couldnt find me. Finally she just walked off. Boy if only I'd had a doe tag, I think I could of killed her with a rock. No bucks but lots of sign.
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Facebook Comments