November 18, 2017, 03:25:22 AM

Author Topic: Y'all Getting Ready for Spring Turkey??  (Read 1250 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Y'all Getting Ready for Spring Turkey??
« on: February 04, 2010, 08:23:52 PM »
Well, I'm going to be here in the good ol' US of A instead of the land of the "Never Ending Beach"  :sad: :sad: >:( >:(

So I guess I'll be going after Mr. Turkey this spring.

Season here is March 20-May 15 and there's a 3 gobbler limit.

Gotta' clean my guns, and see if I can fit into my coveralls. Get my calls all lathered up too.

This past Saturday I was practicing with my yelper and one of my neighbors knocked on my door and thought I was playing "Japanese Music"

I showed him my Penns Woods yelper and he said it sounded like music he heard in a Japanese theatre. Maybe I'll just get a recording of Japanese music and play it.

SO?

Who's going this spring beside moi?

Let's here about your camo, your gun and your calls!?

Over the years I've shot...

eastern
osceola
rio grande
and even an ocellated Turkey in Mexico many anos ago.

All together going back to my first turkey taken in Ben Hill county Georgia in 1977, I've killed around 65 birds in I think 8 different states plus Mexico.

Killed a bunch one day at this place called....

Butter Ball Farms! :-P :-P :-P :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tnutz was with me at the time too! :D ;D :-P :twisted: :roll:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

Re: Y'all Getting Ready for Spring Turkey??
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 09:13:52 PM »
 O0 O0 Well Haul your mangy carcus over here to Mo. and I will take you up in to Turkey heaven! ( Kansas) O0 ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 09:29:43 PM »
Is Kansas a rifle state for turkeys?

I've never used a rifle on turkeys. It's strictly shotguns here. Do you use decoys? I have them but use them sparingly.

If you use a rifle what do you use? What's your longest shot?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 09:39:25 PM »
Nah man! Its shotgun only. I pull out all the stops to get a bird within my 75 yard range!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 12:29:24 PM »
Nah man! Its shotgun only. I pull out all the stops to get a bird within my 75 yard range!

Must not be a very good hunter if you can't get them in 30 yds & under........  :roll:

I actually think I'll go this year.  :wink:  Haven't much felt like going for 2-3 years.  Figure I'll take some of the money I get back from Uncle Sam and get a good blind to house the boy. :roll:

Our season is:

Youth-Only: April 3-4
General Season: April 17 - May 9

Have to see if I can find my old 20 gauge for the boy. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 01:05:29 PM »
Turkey season is open all year around for me. I just touched up with a black magic marker, the crosshairs on the windshield on my patrol truck.  I am ready for the stupid suicidal  turkeys and coyotes that streak across the roads.  :wink: ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 02:54:49 PM »
I do like em in close, but after years of hunten in Kansas, its not too easy to sneak up on em or get that close without getting busted!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 09:15:09 PM »
I actually fit into my coveralls last night after I got home.

I'm still trying to figure out why BC wants to wear a camo dress and halter top when he goes? I think his camo nail polish is a bit much though!

I wonder if he had to DRAG them out of his CLOSET! :-P :twisted: :roll:

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 12:06:02 AM »
No Bo the camo thong is too much for him to pass off! :shock: :-X Although I been known to HUNT NAKED!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 10:09:13 PM »
No Bo the camo thong is too much for him to pass off! :shock: :-X Although I been known to HUNT NAKED!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kris and I like to hunt nekkid.

I pretend I'm a big ol' Tom turkey and.....

She has to CHOKE me 'cause she's outta' shells!!

Of course it takes TWO hands to do it right!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Facebook Comments