November 23, 2017, 07:19:37 PM

Author Topic: End of '09 - '10 Squirrel Season  (Read 3248 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: End of '09 - '10 Squirrel Season
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 09:52:13 PM »
I think I'll leave the crows for y'all to enjoy. I'll just go to Outback and have the prime rib! :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 10:18:27 AM »
I never cooked up crow but have eaten starlings. I am guessing crow tastes a lot like starling.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 11:16:03 AM »
Seriously, if you guys are just giving the things a pitch, you're missing out!  O0  I won't be throwing any more out myself.  It's got a little different taste, but not at all bad. O0
O0 Hell, I'd definitely try it if I ever got the opportunity to shoot some.
I see them everywhere but it's always when I have no execution tool handy. :-\

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 06:10:14 PM »
If I get one i'll give it a shot.
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline dougdad

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 01:17:55 AM »
I here ya BTH that is when the 410 comes in handy, dont turn em into pin cushins   ;D
Bullets, Bumpers or Broadheads, Whatever works!!
USAF RETIRED,  Marion MI.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 11:36:28 AM »
 ;D  ;D  ;D

You actually fried a crow? Man, after the places I've seen them I just couldn't bring myself to clean one. You are indeed the toughest dude I've chatted with shy of Bo. Just ain't no way.

Best of luck to ya on getting your prize fox squirrel next season. My solid white one didn't show either.

Nick T

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 02:24:53 PM »
Oh, I've seen'em eatin' roadkill and everything else. :roll:  Figured it couldn't be any worse than a possum. ???

It actually wasn't bad.  Not that it's something that I want to eat every day mind you, but it wasn't bad.  It actually tasted a lot better than muskrat though.  :-P

I hate to waste anything, so I figured why not?  O0  I'd say that if they were marinated in something, they would be even better. O0

Yeah, that dang fox squirrel........  :tickedoff :tickedoff  I may have to see if he'll pay a visit in the spring during the spring season.  O0  Then again, I may just give him a pass until next winter.  That way he'll be all bushed out and thick. O0

Good luck on your white one.  You'd think that spotting a white squirrel wouldn't be that tough. :roll: ;D :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 06:15:35 PM »
I tried duck for the first time recently and I liked it somaybe i'll like crow.
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Facebook Comments