November 23, 2017, 03:34:44 PM

Author Topic: BC, investigate!  (Read 1307 times)

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
BC, investigate!
« on: March 02, 2010, 01:35:49 PM »
I have noticed a few new changes to the wildlife code here in Mo.! One that is a boobytrap to me is If you hold or have prevledges in another state you have to purchase a non resd. lic.! Now I see why I wont be hunting in this state again! I met a fellow last year that is a Mo. resident, has a house in the Okla. side of town and has Indian nation tags on his truck. And has a Mo. drivers lic. Baught his resident deer tags, harvested his deer and on returning to his home was pulled over and had a game check done and was fined for the two deer he harvested all legal on paper, and prosacuted as a poacher! Because he lived in the okla side of this town! Now you tell me they aint worken a racquet up in here! :knuppel2 :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff And I would have been in the same boat cus I have a lifetime resident lic. in Okla.! Least thats how Im readen these stupid regs they have here! So BC beening the guru of the puter, maybe you can shed some light on this. I got the book its in but can not find this on line. Thanks!!!
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: BC, investigate!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »
BC is rich. Just have him buy you a non-resident license for all the states you want to hunt in! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 08:25:44 PM »
BC is rich. Just have him buy you a non-resident license for all the states you want to hunt in! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

Yeah, right.....  :roll: :roll:  Maybe if I was in Mexico. ;D

I'll start looking into it tomorrow.  I mean, I've got to have something to do while I'm at work.  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:24:20 PM »
Your the Man, dont care what Bo says bout ya! :shock: O0 O0

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 01:02:13 AM »
When you say "Lived on the Okla side of town", I assome this town is a border town where half is in one state and half is in another. If he lived inside the state boundries of Okla, how can he be a Missouri resident ? Recently moved there and still had his previous Mo credentials ? Somethings missing to that story.
 Man, that really sux for you. I read thru the Mo code and it indeed defines you as a non-res. I'm not sure there's any way out of it except a plead to the MDC regarding the unfair nature of the matter. It's not like you can un-buy your lifetime Okla license and I doubt you had any scheme in mind at the time to attain resident previliges in multiple states at the time you purchased it. Doesn't seem fair that a sportsman should be trapped to his home state at the time of such a purchase, forever. Guess I won't be buying a lifetime license here, ever!!
 I breezed thru the Okla regs looking for any similar definition for non res and got nothing. From what I could peice together from licenses required to hunt this and that, I could only formulate a definition of, if you don't currently live in Okla and you don't have a lifetime license from previous residency, you must buy a non-resident license.
 I hope BC can come up with more and better than I got.
 I'll post about this on a Missouri hunting forum as a warning to anyone else who may consider buying a lifetime license here. The rules could change in other states in the blink of an eye and they could unwillingly and un-knowingly find themselves in the same position.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 01:50:48 AM »
Yes, It didnt make sense to me why the old guy got the shaft, seeing he has lived in Seneca for 40+ years at the same residence! And this is the first time he had any run ins with this problem! And as for me, I have purchased res. lic. in Mo. for two years, tagged turkey and fished the streams here as a resident! As a matter of fact, they had gave me landowner, leaser lic. with deer tags for two years too. But I have not hunted that way. It is a shame that I cant do any of that here without going through greif! And before I moved up here from Okla. I called the ODWC in Okc to make sure that no matter where I move or live in this country, that my lic. would stay valid. And they told me I would be legal til I die with the lifetimers! So I wont even try to persue any more hunting in this state or fishing for that matter!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 11:04:32 AM »
OK, here's what it comes down to.....  Even though you hold a Lifetime Resident License in OK, your license is still good there even though you don't live there (which you already knew).  In MO though, you are considered a Resident because you live there, and as such, can buy a Resident license.

Here's the stuff that says it.....

Missouri Spring 2010 Turkey Hunting Guide -- Down near the bottom of page 5 it lists, "Qualifications for Resident Permits".  A Missouri Resident, for permit purposes, is a person:

• who does not claim resident priveleges in another state or country;
  • and whose actual residence and legal permanent home address are both in Missouri and have been for at least 30 days prior to obtaining the permit.

Since there is the "and" at the start of the second line, you have to meet both requirements to be considered a resident.

So I went to Oklahoma's web site to see if they classify you as a resident in their state (i.e. giving you "resident priveleges").

The Oklahoma Fall 2009 - Spring 2010 Huntiing Guide, on page 7 lists the difference between a resident and a nonresident. 

A “Nonresident” is any individual who
is a resident of another state or who has
resided in Oklahoma for a period of less
than 60 days whether or not he or she
intends to make Oklahoma his or her
home.

So according to this, you are a "Nonresident" in Oklahoma.

The guide also states:

If you are a nonresident – a “hunting license” is any one of the
following:
Annual Hunting License
5-Day Hunting License
Nonresident Lifetime Hunting License*
Nonresident Lifetime Combination Hunting/Fishing License*
Note: nonresidents who hold a resident lifetime license (hunting or combination)
have the same exemptions as a resident lifetime license-holder.

Now, this is where it gets a little confusing.  Oklahoma considers you a Nonresident because you don't live there, but if you hunt there, you're covered with your lifetime license (it states, "License requirements are listed by game animal throughout this book, and for many wildlife species a “hunting license” is one of those requirements. There are many different types of “hunting licenses” that meet this requirement, and rather than listing all of them with every species, we have listed them below. So, if a “hunting license” is required, you must possess any one (1) of the following:".

You aren't claiming any type of "residency privilege" from Oklahoma, because Oklahoma considers you a nonresident.  You are only claiming that you meet the "license requirement" in Oklahoma.  O0

That should be about as clear as mud now.  O0 ;D  Does it make sense?  ???

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 11:41:33 AM »
What was the part where you said all about the things? ???

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 11:44:39 AM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? Oh yeah, I see now! ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? I will have to call someone that is over and knows this regs here to be sure that I can do both seeing I can in Okla. I know already!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 12:00:07 PM »
Basically, the Lifetime License in OK only gives you the right to hunt there and not have to buy any other licenses.  It does not give you any kind of "residency privelege" in Oklahoma.  OK still considers you a Nonresident.  If you're a Nonresident in Oklahoma, then you can't very well be a "Resident" there.

The reg for Missouri is screwed up.  Why they did it like that, I have no idea.

Think of it like this.....

Oklahoma has a Nonresident Lifetime License and a Resident Lifetime License, the difference in the two being where you live when you buy them.  If you move out of Oklahoma, you are no longer considered a "resident" and essentially, your Resident Lifetime License becomes a Nonresident Lifetime License.  You aren't getting any kind of "residency privelege" from Oklahoma.  All you are doing is satisfying the license requirement for there.  O0

If you do call the Missouri Dept. of Fish & Game, make sure that you have both the OK & MO hunting guides in front of you for reference. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments