November 23, 2017, 05:24:32 PM

Author Topic: Went Out Scouting this Weekend  (Read 1755 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Went Out Scouting this Weekend
« on: March 08, 2010, 05:53:06 PM »
Checked out my club this past weekend and the sign was pretty sparce. I was checking out a small food plot we've got and had a hen come out about 4:30pm or so and she walked around pecking and what not for about 5 minutes then headed back into the woods at the same spot she came into the food plot from.

I'm going to go back this weekend and walk the fire breaks/logging lanes on the property and see if I can't get one to gobble before they come down off the roost.

I've always been able to do a good owl with my own voice and have killed several birds I got to gobble when I'd hoot, right before sun up and they were coming down off the roost.

Since I spent 3 weeks with a godda** intibation tube down my throat, following my run in with an IED, my voice box was damaged and I can no longer talk as I once did and I can't hoot anymore either. I'll have to buy an owl call this week, and I don't mind saying it really does pis* me off.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Went Out Scouting this Weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 07:35:07 PM »
I bet you can sound like an old crow without any problem.  :roll:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go get'em man. O0  I'm not going to mess with even trying to find them for at least another 2-3 weeks.  I've hunted our property enough, I know where they roost at and usually like to travel.  It's going to be a challenge this year though............  The boy is wanting to go with me and a blind doesn't work with the way I turkey hunt (run n' gun).  I can just see him saying something really loud and pointing just as I get ready to pull the trigger.  :tickedoff

;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 08:21:05 PM »
I bet you can sound like an old crow without any problem.  :roll:

SHUT UP AND MAKE ME A FLASHLIGHT!!!!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 08:45:15 PM »

SHUT UP AND MAKE ME A FLASHLIGHT!!!!

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »
Now all I have to do is....

1.Shoot a turkey.

2.Wait until it gets dark.

3.Get my flashlight out.

4.And track my turkey in the dark.

5.Because I'm the OFFICIAL TRACKER of turkeys.

6.Then do a 12,000 word cut and paste on how I did it.

7.Then let everybody know how they can try and be as cool as me, as long as they use my flashlight.

8.Because Team Flashlight, is often imitated.

9.Never duplicated.
 :roll: :roll: :roll:
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
 :-P :-P :-P

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 10:49:36 PM »
I want to see you demonstrate the buttout tool one one too for us Bo! O0 :shock: ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 03:52:36 PM »
I want to see you demonstrate the buttout tool one one too for us Bo! O0 :shock: ;D ;D ;D

Will you be my model??? :D ;D :-P :twisted: :roll: :wink:

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 04:37:24 PM »
It's been pouring down all day, and they're saying we'll have more all weekend.

Kinda' hard to get the Tom's to gobble with all that rain!!

But wait!!

Maybe my flashlights will get them to gobble during the rain?

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 05:07:29 PM »
Man thats why we let you keep those midgets in your closet. Just for your testing you know! O0 I think your flashlights could work too. But you have to use your laser ones though. O0 ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 04:18:16 PM »
I can't believe all this rain.

I have a bad feeling we've got a rerun of bow season on our hands!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff

Facebook Comments