November 18, 2017, 06:32:53 PM

Author Topic: Soon to be Trout Season  (Read 911 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Soon to be Trout Season
« on: March 11, 2010, 10:19:45 PM »
Georgia has both year round trout waters and seasonal trout waters. The seasonal waters open up March 27th. Since I really thought I wouldn't be here at this time I have done NOTHING about getting my trout gear all squared away.

I have a fly rod and TRY to fly fish, but I ain't that good!

I have ultra-light and light spinning tackle too, which I'm a little better at. Where I fish, I usually get into a belly boat or just wear my waders. I wonder if the da** things still fit and if they have any holes in them?

I hope my belly boat will still fit my belly and not require a new one.

I pretty much stick to artificials but in streams that allow live/real bait, I'm not above going that route.

Georgia is NOT a great trout fishing state, 90% is put and take. Some waters seem to be having natural reproducing fish, but not like our neighbors farther north.

But, since they're close by and if you go during the week you're pretty much not pushed out by the crowds that flock to the mountains on weekends, it's a good way to get out and have fun, and it too expensive either.

Any of y'all trout fish?

Where and what do you use?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

Re: Soon to be Trout Season
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 01:20:20 AM »
I do sometimes. I use rooster tails and Berkley powerbaits alot. I think our season has opened already for keepen em, but I dont like the taste so I dont.  O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 08:11:13 PM »
I do every so often. I like to use minnows where i fish. My dad never believed that trout eat them. So i used them and caught more fish than him one day and that was that.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »
It is coming time for our trout trip to West Virginia. There is a group of us who go down below Elkins to Durbin and fish for a week the first full week of May every year. It is always a good time , and I am ready for a week away from drunks, morons and idiots.
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 09:43:24 AM »
How do ya'll get all of the little bones out of them?  That's the reason I don't really eat them, all the freaking bones!  >:(
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 10:23:32 AM »
I used to trout fish a lot and my favorite fishing is for trout. I haven't been fishing for trout for quite a few years.  :'(
Last bow deer season my pal from Wisconsin brought me some frozen boneless big lake trout fillets that were great eating. He showed me where he cut to remove the Y bones.
Until then, I wasn't really real happy eating trout because of all the Y bones.

I've used everything legal to take trout, including live bait and corn. Whatever works for the finicky fish is fine with me because I do like to head home with some fish for the skillet.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments