November 18, 2017, 02:49:43 PM

Author Topic: Turkey contest rules and fee discussion  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Turkey contest rules and fee discussion
« on: March 12, 2010, 07:07:32 PM »
OK folks, we've procrastinated enough!  Time to get to work on the getting the turkey contest ironed out.

Here's what I've got so far......... Basically the same as last year, but without calling the shots.

** Turkeys scored according to NWTF scoring system
** 2 turkeys per person allowed to be entered - Hunter's choice
** Weapon Bonus Points
     * Rifle - 0 pts
     * Modern shotgun - 1 pt
     * Muzzleloading shotgun - 2 pts
     * Archery (vertical & cross bow) - 3 pts
     * Bare hands &/or Knife - 4 pts
** Picture Bonus Points
     * Turkey - 1 pt
     * Turkey in natural surroundings - 2 pts
     * Turkey in natural surrounding w/ hunter - 3 pts
     * Turkey in natural surrounding w/ hunter w/ weapon - 4 pts

OK that's all I've got so far.  Can you all think of anything else that needs to be added or is there something that needs to be taken out?

OK, now the fee.  What do you all want to do on the fee?  It's up to ya'll.  ???   I'll use all of the money to get the prizes with.  Also, what do you want the break down to be as far as winning?  What percentage should 1st place get?  What about 2nd & 3rd?  Do you all want everyone to "tie" again?  :roll:  Do you want to make it "interesting" and give me the go ahead to add bonus points when needed/warranted?

This is ya'll contest!!!  O0  You tell me what you want to see in it and I'll try to accommodate.  O0

BTW, I sent GP an email and asked him if that now since he's officially "a hunter" ( :roll: ) if he was going to enter the contest.  He never really did answer me about it.  :roll:  I think he's scared.  :wink:

So what say ye?  Post up what you think and/or what you'd like to see.  O0  We'll run this for a week.  Next Friday is the cut off.  We'll officially start the contest then. O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Turkey contest rules and fee discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:41:14 PM »
Why is there no catagory for turkey taken with flashlight?

I'm open to suggestions on fee, it really don't matter as long as we understand that no matter who wins......

I'm STILL the best looking.

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 08:54:54 PM »
Why is there no catagory for turkey taken with flashlight?

Ask & ye shall receive.  O0

** Turkeys scored according to NWTF scoring system
** 2 turkeys per person allowed to be entered - Hunter's choice
** Weapon Bonus Points
     * Rifle - 0 pts
     * Modern shotgun - 1 pt
     * Muzzleloading shotgun - 2 pts
     * Archery (vertical & cross bow) - 3 pts
     * Bare hands &/or Knife - 4 pts
     * Flashlight - 5 pts
** Picture Bonus Points
     * Turkey - 1 pt
     * Turkey in natural surroundings - 2 pts
     * Turkey in natural surrounding w/ hunter - 3 pts
     * Turkey in natural surrounding w/ hunter w/ weapon - 4 pts

I'm open to suggestions on fee, it really don't matter as long as we understand that no matter who wins......

I'm STILL the best looking.

Since you haven't learned how to use a camera, that is still open for discussion. :roll:  I think all of those IED's messed with your head (more so than you already were......  :idiot2 ).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:57:10 PM by Big58cal »

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 09:22:18 PM »
Oh really??

The best commercial on TV right now is that one that shows the guy in the bathroom with the Old Spice Body Wash...

He says.... look at me, now look at your husband....

He does another one where he's sitting backwards on a horse.

OK, I was supposed to get that commercial....

But it was determined that the riots that no doubt would ensue, would cause a total breakdown of basic human services and needs, starting wide spread panic and social collapse, causing the very fabric of ALL humanity to be forever destroyed.

All because of my great looks. I owe it to humanity to  be prudent and careful with this curse God has given me.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »
Oh really??

The best commercial on TV right now is that one that shows the guy in the bathroom with the Old Spice Body Wash...

You sure it's not the one where the upper half is a guy, but the lower half is a horse?  ;D

You're part of the "mounted" patrol down there in Atlanta, aren't you?  ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 09:38:57 PM »
SHUT UP AND MAKE ME A GD FLASHLIGHT!!!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 09:50:44 PM »
SHUT UP AND MAKE ME A GD FLASHLIGHT!!!!!

Here!  I made you 5 of them.  :twisted:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 09:52:23 PM »
But getting back to the TURKEY CONTEST...............  :roll:

;D ;D ;D

So what ya'll think about the rules and stuff?  ???

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 09:53:24 PM »
I would NEVER let my abs look like his.

I PROTECT mine under many folds of skin!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 09:54:58 PM »
...And the rules are alright, but Tnutz WILL find something wrong I'm sure!
 ;D ;D
 :D :D
 :-P :-P
 :twisted: :twisted:
 :roll: :roll:
 :wink: :wink:

Facebook Comments