November 21, 2017, 02:56:36 AM

Author Topic: We found a new Prairie dog town  (Read 776 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
We found a new Prairie dog town
« on: March 15, 2010, 11:45:32 AM »
We found a new Prairie dog town that may have never been shot???
 At least in recent memory. We had a Ban on shooting them on "State Trust" lands for many years,but that ban has expired.We had seen glimpses of this town in the past but never bothered to go and explore it. We took the time this weekend to dedicate a trip and see what it may be like.  O0 NICE There is well over 50 acres of dogs. It is a ways off the road but no sign of any one else being out there. The cows don't even like it out there. We call a LOT of coyotes from out near the town I would guess this is why. We set up with a tun of shells and all day, to bad we ran out of shells in two hours. There was 3 of us and I could only guess at how many we shot and we didn't even dent them... I'm loading more 243's today and a bud and I are heading out again in the morning. I'm going to take the game cart and two portable shooting benches and all the shells I can get loaded.After a few close shot it turns in to long range shooting 200 to 400 yards but we can slip down and work around to the other side and do it all over again. The ones in the middle I'm sure don't even know whats happening to there Buddy's on the edge. :twisted:
 If the wind isn't to bad I'm hoping to make a day of it.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: We found a new Prairie dog town
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:53:53 AM »
Sounds like an awesome PD shoot, D45!  :twisted: O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:35:44 AM »
Aw where's all the pics D?
You're slippin! :wink:

Offline D45/70

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 10:00:04 AM »
Aw where's all the pics D?You're slippin! :wink:

Sorry

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/a100_4746.jpg

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Facebook Comments