November 24, 2017, 05:23:34 PM

Author Topic: One Week to Go.  (Read 815 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
One Week to Go.
« on: March 15, 2010, 05:02:43 PM »
It rained this weekend at my club so I didn't get to scout, but I was able to get out to our tactical shooting range and convince the range master to allow me to pattern my guns. :wink: O0

I had my two 10 gauges and spent a few hours seeing what they were digesting best.

My American Arms S/S really liked the #5 from Winchester Supreme, while H&R prefered the Remington Premier #4. Both are copper plated shot and the Winchester claims 1300fps and the Remington claims 1210fps. I never have put much stock in velocity for turkey loads, my concern is how tight my pattern is.

I was shooting off the bench from 35-50 yards and was getting great patterns on turkey neck targets. The areas I hunt will probably be no where near 50 yards. More likely it will be inside 40 yards.

If my calling doesn't scare every bird away, I guess I'm about as ready as I'll ever be.

Although, I'm still po'd at BC and Nutz for sneaking into my apartment and stealing my camo and replacing it with exact duplicates that are a size too small.
 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: One Week to Go.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 06:15:28 PM »
Lucky you, ours does not come in until April 10th. But it will take that long for the remaining snow to melt!!! :shock:

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 07:09:51 PM »
Lucky you, ours does not come in until April 10th. But it will take that long for the remaining snow to melt!!! :shock:

Ned

Our youth season runs April 3-4.  The regular season doesn't open until April 17th. >:(
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 09:24:59 PM »
The odd thing is BC doesnt need camo since he has that fancy loinclothe made outta rabbit Gutpiles got for him maybe it was just nutz actin on his own
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 09:49:36 PM »
It's colder than crap right now. When I left the house it was 52 and sunny. Now it's about 40 and the wind is blowing like crazy.

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 06:51:44 AM »
It's gonna be NICE this weekend for GA season opener! Good Luck Bo! ANd anyone else that is hunting this weekend!
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 08:04:44 AM »
It's supposed to be in the low 60's here for a couple of days then turn to snow this weekend.
I will be at Lake Havasu, AZ, trolling for big stripers by Saturday, am flying to AZ tomorrow AM. Spring Break is in full swing there, but I swear I will be trolling for big stripers and not trolling for boating party chicks.  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 08:11:35 PM »
Today started off nice and sunny. Now the clouds are moving in and the wind is picking up too. They're still calling for rain Saturday, but clear Sunday.

I'm taking my rod and reel with me just in case, and if it's to rainy or windy, I'll see how the bass and bream are biting!

Facebook Comments