November 23, 2017, 09:58:10 AM

Author Topic: GPS 2010 Spring Turkey Contest  (Read 6985 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
GPS 2010 Spring Turkey Contest
« on: March 19, 2010, 02:30:15 PM »
OK folks, this is it!!!!!  O0  This is the official topic and where you will need to post your pictures and tell us all the juicy details of your turkey hunts.  :wink:

Since we didn't really have enough for teams, we'll go on an individual basis.  Below are the people that have signed up and are in it to start with......

MEMBERS

Big58cal
bohica -- Team Flashlight
Tnutz
Jenny
plottdog
born-to-hunt
BigStrutter
D45/70
Rookie in Kansas

Rules

** Turkeys scored according to NWTF scoring system
** 2 turkeys per person allowed to be entered
     * Hunter's choice as to "which" birds will be entered, but once the decision is made,
        either 'yay' or 'nay', there's no changing it.
     * Decision must be made and posted within approx. 48 hours of harvesting turkey
** Bearded turkeys only!  This includes bearded hens.
** Weapon Bonus Points
     * Rifle - 0 pts
     * Modern shotgun - 1 pt
     * Muzzleloading shotgun - 2 pts
     * Archery (vertical & cross bow) - 3 pts
     * Bare hands &/or Knife - 4 pts
     * Flashlight - 5 pts
** Picture Bonus Points
     * Turkey - 1 pt
     * Turkey in natural surroundings - 2 pts
     * Turkey in natural surrounding w/ hunter - 3 pts
     * Turkey in natural surrounding w/ hunter w/ weapon - 4 pts

FEE

** Entry fee for the contest is $10 per person.
** Entry fee must be received by me by 4/3/10.
** If you can't come up with the entry fee, let me know.  O0

PRIZE / WINNINGS BREAKDOWN

** Don't know yet.  ;D  I'm going to try to make it so everyone gets something, but 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places will get a little more.  O0

TIME PERIOD

** Contest will start Saturday, 3/20/10 at daylight.
** Contest will end Sunday, 5/16/10 at dark (unless someone's season runs longer than that)

THE "NO B.S." SECTION

After talking with some people, we basically agreed that if you're going to be in the contest, you're going to put forth the effort and attempt to get a bird.  If you're signing up just to say that you're in the contest, then there isn't much of a need to even sign up.  The reason that this is being put out there is that if need be, if someone can't come up with the entry fee, but really wants to be in the contest, we'll let you in and myself and 1-2 more will cover the fee.  But.......  If we cover the fee, we want to get our money's worth so to speak. O0

OK folks, that's it!  It's on now!  Get out there and start smacking some of them there "Thunder Chickens"! O0
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 06:15:37 PM by Gutpiles »
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: GPS 2010 Spring Turkey Contest
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 05:04:12 PM »
You left out points for BEST LOOKING! :-P :twisted: :roll:

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 09:33:40 PM »
You left out points for BEST LOOKING! :-P :twisted: :roll:

I know.  It wouldn't be fair for the rest of ya'll though if I won the contest just on the bonus points from that alone.  :roll: O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 12:14:20 AM »
In that case, everyone entered will start with a -5, sept for Bo, he has -10! O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Hazmat

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 09:15:43 PM »
Hey Guy's

Is it too late for this crazy Canadian to join in the GPS 2010 Spring Turkey Contest?

Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to there level and then beat you with experience!

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 10:52:43 PM »
Hey BC this isn't related but are you anywhere near pikesville KY?
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »
Hey Guy's

Is it too late for this crazy Canadian to join in the GPS 2010 Spring Turkey Contest?

Yeah, actually it is.  Sorry Hazmat. :'(  One other strike that you have against you (so to speak) is you haven't logged enough posts on here yet.  We set a 50 post minimum on being able to join the contest.  It's nothing against you, but we've had people in the past come onto the board, join a contest, be paired with someone else for the contest, and then never hear from the person again. >:(  To help stop that, we decided a minimum post count of 50 should pretty well ensure that someone wouldn't bail on us. :wink:

Hey BC this isn't related but are you anywhere near pikesville KY?

Nope.  Pikeville is in south eastern KY.  I'm more up in the central part.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline D45/70

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 03:51:15 PM »
I'M FINISHED >:(
 The season ended this weekend and I didn't even make it out. The snow is till a$$ hole deep and no sign of giving up yet. Just wait till next year !!!
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 03:59:44 PM »
We've been telling you to move out of that place.

Get a snow mobile and some snow shoes and get out there!  SLACKER!!!!  :knuppel2

;D ;D ;D ;D

Better luck next year D! O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline D45/70

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »
Get a snow mobile and some snow shoes and get out there!  SLACKER!!!!  :knuppel2

I think out turkeys hibernate like the bears or they take a vacation to
Costa Rica.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Facebook Comments