November 19, 2017, 12:44:54 PM

Author Topic: GPS 2010 Spring Turkey Contest  (Read 6981 times)

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: GPS 2010 Spring Turkey Contest
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 10:19:58 AM »
I second that! Got my last for season with alot of beard rot!
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 10:56:50 AM »
That bird looks like it was a real scrapper!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »
That bird looks like it was a real scrapper!  O0

B.S.!!!  I see tire tread indentions on the critter.  :knuppel2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 11:56:08 AM »
Heres a better shot of the rotted beard. And the story is with my H&R 20g. at 49 steps! Not my truck like yours BC...  ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 07:53:18 PM »
OK D45/70 was snowed in all season and that's an acceptable excuse, he at least wanted and tried to get out.

Did anybody else who signed up NOT go?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 09:30:17 PM »
There was only actually 5 of us that were in the contest.  Everyone else backed out and/or didn't pay to play.  :roll:  Buncha' panzies!

Anyway, the FANTASTIC FIVE that were in the contest were:

Bohica
D45/70
BigStrutter
Rookie In Kansas
Big58cal

I still haven't had a chance to get all of the scores and such figured up yet.  :'(  Freaking puppy is taking most of my time at home.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 08:03:44 AM »
B.S.!!!  I see tire tread indentions on the critter.  :knuppel2
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D No, it wasn't one I furnished for him. He actually shot it.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 09:28:43 PM »
OK, using all of the 'precise' measurements that everyone gave for the turkeys they harvested ( :roll: ), I got everything figured up.  The breakdown was as follows:

1st PLACE
Bohica = 117.375 pts
Turkey #1 = 66 pts
     NWTF score = 65
     Weapon bonus = 1
     Picture bonus = 0
Turkey #2 = 51.375 pts
     NWTF score = 50.375
     Weapon bonus = 1
     Picture bonus = 0

2nd PLACE
BigStrutter = 58.25 pts
     NWTF score = 53.25
     Weapon bonus = 1
     Picture bonus = 4

3rd PLACE
Big58cal = 32 pts
     NWTF score = 27
     Weapon bonus = 1
     Picture bonus = 4

4th PLACE - Tie
D45/70 = 0 pts

Rookie In Ks = 0 pts

Ned, the measurements you gave didn't add up to the score you gave, so I used my score since it was a little higher.  :wink:

Congrats to Bohica for the 1st place finish!!!!!  O0 O0  It was justly deserved.  Ned might have been able to pull out a win, if he hadn't have missed the one.  :roll:

;D ;D ;D

Thanks to everyone who decided to follow through with the contest.  It's all in fun anyway.  Now, onto the prizes.  Since Bo won, we'll leave it up to him on what/how he wants to do the prizes.  We've got $60 to work with.  It can either be broken down into 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th place winnings of either cash or prizes, with things progressively getting less on down the line, or everyone can get the same stuff like was done with the deer contest.  Since this was never decided, we'll lay it off on Bo to decide.  ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 10:26:15 PM »
Why don't we do like we did with the deer contest and just split it up, and we can all enjoy something. Since BC has the money, he can be the Secret Santa and divvy it up.

If that's ok with everyone else?  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 10:29:07 PM »
I thought Jenny got one too?

It's ok to use some of my winnings if you want to add her and get her something.

Facebook Comments