December 18, 2017, 02:12:32 AM

Author Topic: Catfish bait  (Read 4716 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Catfish bait
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 08:16:40 AM »
Yep on the cutbait working good. Shad guts works great here during spring time and cutbait works good here pretty much the year around.
Cats are starting to bite on stink bait here. The reason local folks like stink bait is it produces well and is convenient. Some folks are told  stink bait catches only smaller fish. Not true. I caught a 12 pounder on stink bait a couple of years ago while using Sonny's stink bait.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 03:57:58 PM »
Any of you all ever use Deer liver? I use it during the winter months but once the water starts warming up the Cats seem to leave it alone. It is very tough and stays on the hook real good. I have caught 6 Cats off of the same piece before. I was just wondering if anybody else had tried it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 10:01:59 PM »
That's a new one on me J-BUCKS.

I don't like ANY kind of liver but I ALWAYS find somebody who wants the liver of any deer I kill so I give it away.

I've ASSUMED they ate it, but after your story, maybe they've been using it as catfish bait! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 10:28:47 PM »
I thought about keeping the liver for bait but never have
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 09:32:53 AM »
it is tougher than chicken or beef liver and to me has a stronger smell. After we gut a deer I cut the liver out and bring it home. I then cut it into pieces that I can fish with and then just freeze it until I get ready to go. The last 3 years, My dad, brother and me always fish on Christmas day in the afternoon. I always use deer liver and we catch a couple buckets full. I am gonna try some on a trout line this summer but for some reason they wont bite it on a rod after it starts getting around 80 here. That happened this last week.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 09:57:46 AM »
cool i'm gonna try it next time I get me a deer.
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 07:00:37 AM »
We always save the deer liver. I should try some deer liver for catfish.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 03:50:13 PM »
What about turkey liver?

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 09:06:11 PM »
I am gonna try some on a trout line this summer but for some reason they wont bite it on a rod after it starts getting around 80 here. That happened this last week.

If nothing else works try catalpa worms. IF YOU CAN FIND THEM! :tickedoff :'(

I can't think of a single time that I've used them, that I haven't caught fish.

Hard part is finding the *&^% things!! A lot of bait shops won't carry them and if you can find someone who has them on his trees, it's a good bet he's a fisherman and won't give you any! :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 08:19:56 AM »
If nothing else works try catalpa worms. IF YOU CAN FIND THEM! :tickedoff :'(

I can't think of a single time that I've used them, that I haven't caught fish.

Hard part is finding the *&^% things!! A lot of bait shops won't carry them and if you can find someone who has them on his trees, it's a good bet he's a fisherman and won't give you any! :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff
  O0 O0 O0 Yes, they work great! We have them around here. When I lived in Kirkwood, Ill, I had a native catalpa tree in my yard and had plenty of the worrms. Catfish love them.
Not all catapa trees have the worms on them, by the way.

Facebook Comments