December 11, 2017, 10:23:19 AM

Author Topic: Catfish bait  (Read 4700 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Catfish bait
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 09:03:55 AM »
As for the ultimate catfish bait...........  :roll:  Try french fries.  O0

While I was mowing momma's yard on Saturday, the wife and boy were fishing.  He caught a 8 lb 1 oz catfish on a french fry.  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 10:24:22 AM »

While I was mowing momma's yard on Saturday, the wife and boy were fishing.  He caught a 8 lb 1 oz catfish on a french fry.  ;D

;D will have to try that ;D
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 04:40:32 PM »
Hey get you some abc gum and blind in some shad squeesens, O0 O0 I had a bud that did that all the time. He always caught cats. O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 09:42:46 AM »

:shock: O0 ;D
Mulberries work great, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 07:36:25 PM »
i saw a guy catch a 12inch pike on a hunk of hotdog.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 10:31:02 AM »
We caught 8 on Sat afternoon. Biggest one was about 3 lbs. We caught them on Cane poles floating minnows trying to catch Crappie. Man, now that is some fun right there!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 12:18:09 PM »
We caught 8 on Sat afternoon. Biggest one was about 3 lbs. We caught them on Cane poles floating minnows trying to catch Crappie. Man, now that is some fun right there!

When I worked for the KDFWR at one of their summer camps as a counselor (while in college during the summers), in the afternoons the kids could go around to about any activity that they wanted to.  Occassionally I would get stuck down at the fishing dock watching over the kids making sure they didn't fall in or hook anyone.  The main thing they fished with were cane poles.  It was always fun when someone hooked into a big catfish or carp on one of the cane poles.  :shock:

BTW, working down there was how I finally achieved the title of Master Baiter.  :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 03:28:23 PM »
LAWLZ
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 04:54:10 PM »
ha ha ;D ;D ;D
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 05:42:20 PM »

I don't have a cane pole but I've got a couple of B&M telescoping poles, and you're right about how much fun they are. I'd rather catch panfish with that than any other rod and reel!!! O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments