November 22, 2017, 02:20:15 AM

Author Topic: Dogs On The Ground!!!  (Read 4814 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Dogs On The Ground!!!
« on: March 22, 2010, 10:33:48 AM »
Sent the guy a message yesterday morning asking about the cross he had made on the squirrel dogs, whether or not it looked like she the pregnant and such.  He got back with me and said that she had had 6 pups yesterday morning!  O0

He said that he doesn't mess with them for a few days after their born, but will get in there in a day or two, pulling them out to check the sex, look them over, doc their tails, and take pictures.  So in a couple of days I should have some pictures as to what the pup is going to look like.  :)

He said that they're either all black & white or dark brown & white.  Which is good because that's what I was wanting!  O0  I told the boy that the pups were on the ground.  He seemed excited about it.  The wife was "less than enthused".  :roll:  That's alright.  We're not worried about her anymore.  :wink: ;D

So if everything goes well, I'll be able to "take delivery" of the little feller about the last of April / first of May.  O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
Re: Dogs On The Ground!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 02:32:32 PM »
hope he works out like you want
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 03:00:01 PM »
Thanks fuzz! O0  All I know is that I haven't even laid eyes on the dog yet and he's already cost me about $500.  :roll:  Still trying to find a good place I can get a collar with brass name/ID tags on it.  Then I've got to fix up some kind of temporary kennel out in the yard while I'm pouring the concrete and getting the fencing for the 'permanent' kennel.  :roll:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 03:46:42 PM »
You can name him .17hmr. :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 03:58:23 PM »
You can name him .17hmr. :wink: O0

Nah, his "proper" name is going to be "Mason's Mongo", but he'll go by "Mongo".  O0 ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 03:59:23 PM »
but keep him clear of any candygrams.  :D
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »
but keep him clear of any candygrams.  :D

Yep.  O0  ;D ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 06:59:59 PM »
WHAT !!! No Brindle !!! You know a brindle would be treeing while still on the teat.
 Congrats on the arrival. Why don't you start the kennal now, before you take posession?
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 08:02:02 PM »
Too wet and nasty outside.  Besides, turkey season is going to be opening up before too long and that's going to take about every weekend until I get the pup.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 08:22:28 PM »
Gotta admire your priorities  O0 ;D ;D
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments