November 21, 2017, 10:53:42 PM

Author Topic: They're Out There...  (Read 469 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
They're Out There...
« on: March 30, 2010, 06:05:51 PM »
Before sunup this past saturday, I got one to gobble as it came off the roost. I made my way towards him and realized I was almost on the neighboring property. I got myself set up against a big oak and went to work.

I just couldn't get him interested in crossing the property line. I'd say he stayed a 100 yards or so across the boundries between our two clubs. These are a good bunch of guys too, so I wasn't going to "accidently" cross over.

I'd yelp, he'd gobble, I'd purr, he'd gobble and this went back and forth for about an hour until I could tell he wasn't coming closer but was getting farther away.

Couldn't find him again on Sunday and didn't find any other birds either. I was the only one who hunted this weekend and haven't spoken to anybody who may have been on our lease earlier in the week.

I got a feeling it's still a bit on the cool side for turkey's in middle Georgia, but it's probably just my crappy calling.

Think I'll just go to Kroger, buy one and send that picture in! :twisted: :roll: :sad:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: They're Out There...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 09:13:15 PM »
Sounds like he was with hens.  You should have just stayed put and called every now and then.  He probably would have come back around in your direction looking for you later in the day, when the hens went off to lay.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments