November 24, 2017, 05:26:12 PM

Author Topic: Heard some hammering this morning!  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Heard some hammering this morning!
« on: March 31, 2010, 10:14:40 AM »
Went out this morning right at daylight to put some plants outside for the day.  As I was putting the plants out, heard about 3-4 thunder chickens justa' hammering away not too far from the house. O0  A few minutes later as the boy and I were leaving, we stood and listened to them for a little bit, me pointing stuff out to him about the gobbles and such.  O0

I've got 3 more weekends to wait though!!!!!!!!  >:(  :tickedoff
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline D45/70

Re: Heard some hammering this morning!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 12:26:12 PM »
AS CLOSE AS I CAN GET TO THE SOUNDS OF A TURKEY.

Greater Sage-Grouse

and
Sharptail Grouse Dancing

I have to drive 100 miles for turkeys
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 12:58:11 PM »
I'm back to work after my vacation and had to adjust the crosshairs on my patrol vehicle windshield.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 08:14:02 PM »
8 more days for me. Saw my first strutters of the spring this past Monday morning on the way to the beagle club. Too bad there were on a farm I can' t hunt. I am not hearing or seeing much in my normal places. Hope things change before next Sat.!!!

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 12:23:58 AM »
Well I got seven tags to start filleng in 4 days.
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 09:27:07 AM »
There's this field that I've driven by every week for the past two years that usually has a flock hanging out in it.  I'd say probably 75% of the time I drive by they have been there.  I gotta figure out who owns it. :D

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »
So let's see if I got this right. BC hears thunder Chickens from his driveway. I think we can assume they are within 500 yds or so. But you can bet he's gonna drive 100 miles away to hunt them. Guess the long range makes it challengeing.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline silbowhunter

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 01:40:10 PM »
There's this field that I've driven by every week for the past two years that usually has a flock hanging out in it.  I'd say probably 75% of the time I drive by they have been there.  I gotta figure out who owns it. :D

Dont know what state your in but I found plat books for my state (IL) here.
They come in handy.

http://www.rockfordmap.com/
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through

Gut Pile Gangster

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 06:08:01 PM »
So let's see if I got this right. BC hears thunder Chickens from his driveway. I think we can assume they are within 500 yds or so. But you can bet he's gonna drive 100 miles away to hunt them. Guess the long range makes it challengeing.

I don't have permission there.............. yet. O0  I finally found out who owns the land and where he lives.  I'm going to ask him if he will let me take the pup back there to train him. :wink:  And then come this fall after the season opens, I'm sure that I'll offer the feller some squirrels as a thank you for letting me go back there to train the dog.  Hopefully then, he'll give me permission to squirrel hunt. O0  The turkey and deer will be on down the road after I get in good with him.

All of this is dependent upon him not having it leased though..........  :sad:

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 11:06:33 PM »
I just checked out the plat books at Rockford. Dated 1984 and 1986 for the counties I'm interested in. Sorry no sale here. Not that I got $50 ea to give for them, but I sure as heck ain't paying that kind of dough for 25 yr. out of date books.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments