November 22, 2017, 02:13:51 AM

Author Topic: Idiots shoot Hunter!  (Read 900 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Idiots shoot Hunter!
« on: April 09, 2010, 11:29:40 AM »
http://valdostadailytimes.com/local/x993492566/Three-charged-in-hunting-accident
This happened just south of my farm I hunt on. What a bunch of Idiots!!! Everyone on here be careful! No turkey is worth getting hurt over.

Offline born-to-hunt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
Re: Idiots shoot Hunter!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 12:15:56 PM »
wow how do you mistake a guy for a turkey :idiot2 you might wanna be careful if you're goin out man some people can be really stupid :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 04:43:28 PM »
 :shock: :tickedoff Dang! At least the morons got charged.
I knew of another hunter that got shot the same way, and died. The moron that shot him mistook the squirrel hunter for a turkey and shot him in the head. He blamed the dead hunter for having red hair.

I ran across the shooter's pal and the pal was sticking up for his moron pal that killed the hunter.  :tickedoff Yep, I unloaded on him, told him what I thought of his pal. I've known the shooter's pal for many years and we no longer speak to each other.  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline GreatWhiteBuffalo

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Give me Liberty or Give me Death! - Patrick Henry
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 05:49:02 PM »
That's a shame. That's why I never just shoot. I always make sure. Even if it means not getting a turkey, taking a good look at whatever it is is a better option than killing someone.
Tread Lightly, and Carry a Big Stick

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 08:43:25 PM »
What I find weird about this story is I'm thinking this is the third time I've heard of someone losing sight in an eye because he was shot by someone else while turkey hunting.

I'm guessing the shooter hears the sound of the calling and the motion he sees is the upper body of the guy who's using the call, and then he aims at the movement and shoots.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 09:30:14 PM »
People do it all the time! A lot of guys say turkey if there is any red, white or blue visable on anything moving. :shock: And some guys can be called in to range too! :roll: I for one set my butt still and dont chase if I know others could be in the woods with me. All it takes is someone to see your tighty whities flash and you could get a arse load of shot in it! :-P
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 09:11:53 AM »
The unfortunate squirrel hunter I was talking about was sitting down and leaning up against a tree.
Wearing blaze orange or red isn't required to hunt Iowa, except we have to wear orange for gun deer season. 

The squirrel hunter wasn't wearing an orange vest. If he had been, it probably wouldn't have been visable because only his red hair was showing. The shooter mistook his red hair for a turkey.  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments