November 21, 2017, 08:50:04 AM

Author Topic: My first miss in 12 years!!!!!!  (Read 1288 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: My first miss in 12 years!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 05:48:45 PM »
Bo, there is nothing wrong with my Remington 870, I rushed the shot and missed. I will never own a Mossberg I can promise you. i have never liked anything about them. yes I know people own them and love them, but I just don't like them. I will be hunting Fri. and Sat. morning and we will see what the 870 can do when I do things right.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »
Bo, there is nothing wrong with my Remington 870, I rushed the shot and missed. I will never own a Mossberg I can promise you. i have never liked anything about them. yes I know people own them and love them, but I just don't like them. I will be hunting Fri. and Sat. morning and we will see what the 870 can do when I do things right.

Ned

I had an 870 Wingmaster back in the 80's and loved it. I killed dove, deer, quail, turkey, rabbits, squirrels and even one hog.  Like a moron I gave it  to a cousin, because I'd decided that the Browning BPS I bought was better. MAN WAS I WRONG!!

The 870 Express doesn't send me at all. I've shot it and it ain't for me. I do have a Wilson tactical shotgun that's built off an 870 action but it's not the same as the Express.

It doesn't get much use but I also have an Winchester 1300, 20 gauge Upland model with an English grip, and love it too. I bought it from a guy who needed money and didn't think I'd ever use it, but when dove season came along I was MUCHO impressed!

But the ONLY reason I got the 835 was for doggin' deer and I can't make complaint one. A load of 000 from a 3" or 00 from 3 1/2" is lights out time!!! O0 O0

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 08:06:14 AM »
I do agree that the Wingmaster is a entirely different gun than the Express even though they are both made by Remiongton, just a different feel I guess.

My deer dogging gun growing up was a 3" Remington 1100. Dad had the barrels worked and sleeved for buckshot. Mine would put 12 out of 15 00buck pellets inside a paper plate at 50 yards. I killed alot of deer with that gun. When I got my 3.5" 870 for graduation present I tried every 3.5" buckshot load I could find and now 14 years later I still have not found a choke or load that patterns worth a crap out of that gun. That is why it is purely my turkey gun. I may try to get one of those Hevishot chokes and try that hevishot 00 Buck that they advertise that with that combo you still get 50% of the pellets in a 10" circle at 70  yards,

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Facebook Comments