November 20, 2017, 08:41:16 AM

Author Topic: So Far This Has Not Been a Good Season in Georgia.  (Read 938 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
So Far This Has Not Been a Good Season in Georgia.
« on: April 12, 2010, 06:30:19 PM »
I hunted Sunday all day. I got one to answer me Sunday morning but I guess I wasn't pretty enough, and he just would not come in no matter what I did. I'm guessing he was about 100 yards out and pretty much stayed there.

I was sitting in a blind I'd made at the edge of one of our food plot fields from 10am until dark and had 3 jakes come out a little after noon, and I watched them pick and feed, but they were all bunched up together and I'm guessing they were at 70-75 yards, I couldn't get a clear shot at one without possibly hitting the others.

I let go with a few purrs and clucks, and they stopped and looked at me for about a second and then flew like away like their butts were on fire.

Maybe they were faggots?

From the time I got to the field until I left, I counted 9 deer coming into the field to feed, at least one was a buck because you could still see where his antlers had broken off.

The story I'm hearing from all over middle and north Georgia is that it was too cold when the season opened back on March 20. It still is pretty chilly up in the mountains but it's getting nicer in the middle part of the state.

I haven't heard from any of my buddies in south Georgia so I don't know how their opening three weeks have been.

Maybe if it stays dry and warms up some it'll get better. My luck that will be a weekend I can't go.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: So Far This Has Not Been a Good Season in Georgia.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:36:02 PM »
Hey, it's still better than sitting around on a couch getting fat isn't it?  O0  Besides, it wouldn't be any fun if you got one each time out, would it?  :roll: ;D  As for the jakes, either 1 of 2 things has happened.  Either they all 3 got their butts kicked by a boss around there, or they're already call shy.  Next time, try just a cluck or two and then scratch around in the leaves like a hen feeding. O0

Did you have any decoys out?  ???
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 08:46:29 PM »
I have a decoy but I left it in the truck and as you can guess it doesn't do much good in there. I THOUGHT where I was put me in line with a spot where they'd been coming out. I bet if I'd have moved to where the jakes came out, they would have come out at the spot I was at.

I was thinking they were call shy, but it might have been my crappy calling!
 :'( :'( :'( :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 09:32:24 PM »
My friends that hunt in Gs. are struggling too. They say the birds are extremely henned up.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 12:05:03 AM »
Bud, its that way in Okla. as well! >:( I made a one day run this weekend and got the cold shoulder again! I had two chances at this one lonely jake that I wondered up on twice. But they still are bunched down there, and havent seen the hens act like they are ready either! :shock:
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 03:42:14 PM »
Our NC season opened last saturday.......not one gobble!  :tickedoff They gobble on the roost and then stop when they fly down. Now they only gobble at crows and wood peckers. Maybe they are turning on us?  ??? Gonna have some turk-crow or wood-turks ?
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »
Kansas opened today and I will trip over for a one day hunt in the morn. Hopen they arnt locked down like the Okla. birds were! >:(
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 06:14:04 PM »
Kansas opened today and I will trip over for a one day hunt in the morn. Hopen they arnt locked down like the Okla. birds were! >:(

See if you can't make it to Arkansas. My kin folk there told me they were all over the place during deer season!

Facebook Comments