November 19, 2017, 04:12:34 PM

Author Topic: 7.62X39  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Black_Ops

7.62X39
« on: April 12, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »
Its good enough to take down a man at a decent distance, but would 7.62X39 out of a standard length ak be enough for a porker?
Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: 7.62X39
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 09:58:13 PM »
Well haveing ballistic charactoristics similar to the 30-30 and the option of hollow point hunting ammo, I'd think so. I saved this pic just for such a question as it has been asked before. This is a doe taken by my yougest daughters friend this past youth season with an SKS, I imagine it would do nicely for hogs at reasonable distances.

John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 09:59:24 PM »
It's plenty.

You will need to check your state regualtions because they might require an expanding bullet and won't allow full metal jacket rounds.

Here in Georgia game animals cannot be hunted with FMJ rounds, but hogs are not considered game here, they're considered varmints and on private property you can use FMJ's, I'm not certain about state or federal wildlife management areas though. Probably not.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 10:09:32 PM »
wow mo thats a pretty messed up deer :shock:
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline Black_Ops

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 10:17:17 PM »
damn, that doe has definately seen better days. I will look further into the regulations, but Im sure Im in the clear. The hunting will take place on a private lease in Stewart Co. Ga. I seen cam pics of some real monsters in that area and can't wait to bring home the bacon.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 10:20:20 PM »
It sure would.  The ak/sks is probably a perfect hog gun inside 300 yards.  THose 7.62x 39's will start to drop pretty quick after the 300 mark. The x51's have the velocity to stay up on track about twice as far.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline Black_Ops

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 04:37:03 PM »
I sure do appreciate all the hlep and advice. Ill be sure to post pics when I get pig on the ground.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 04:50:47 PM »
OK, I'm being told now that you CAN'T use fmj's for hogs in Georgia. I checked the regs and it says that hogs can be hunted with the same weapons that are legal for deer and bear (NO FULL METAL JACKET BULLETS)

But, it says they can also be hunted with calibers that are legal for small game. Thats kind of a weird disparity if you ask me.

Stewart county is a very good deer and turkey county. It runs up next to Marion county, where I killed the biggest turkey I've ever killed.

Since hogs are really bad about eatting turkey and quail eggs, and it's recorded fact they've eatten fawns, I don't THINK you'd get hassled by the game warden, but you might want to check with them just to be on the safe side.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 08:01:57 PM »
heck, i hear that the hog carcasses left in the field get eatin by other hogs.

I'm sure if you took a key to some x39 fmj's and scratched an x in the tip it will expand LAWLZ
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline Black_Ops

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 08:37:14 PM »
I got plenty hp ammo...soft point is a bit harder to find in bulk.

Facebook Comments