December 14, 2017, 03:57:37 PM

Author Topic: DEER SIGHTINGS  (Read 1393 times)

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
DEER SIGHTINGS
« on: October 29, 2003, 05:03:46 PM »
i've been watching the fields and woods very close the last 3 weeks. seen rubs, scrapes and even a little buck checkin' a doe. been watchin' a field a mile down the road from my folks house. seen 6 does,  2 bucks were sparring about a week ago. same field last sunday, 3 bucks and 18 DOES!!went huntin' 2 times in the last week, seen 4 does and a four point. :D

anybody been seein' any deer? (bigguns, lil uns', tell us about 'em) :shock:

just found out yesterday that a fourteen point is runnin' my buddy's property! too bad his wife won't lett us hnut there. will post picks if i can "shoot" him. :cry:  :twisted:
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
DEER SIGHTINGS
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 07:39:47 PM »
I haven't been able to get in the woods since the 18th.  Then it was only one day and nearly took and act of Congress and God to get off that day!!!!! :x  :x  :x   Been putting in 12-14 hr days, 7 days a week.

Let me know what they are doing.  I'll need to know.  I've got the 8th of Nov. off.  Again, another act of Congress and God!!!!!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: DEER SIGHTINGS
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2003, 03:58:49 PM »
Quote from: southern sun

just found out yesterday that a fourteen point is runnin' my buddy's property! too bad his wife won't lett us hnut there. will post picks if i can "shoot" him. :cry:  :twisted:

Maybe he just needs to take the little lady on a long weekend while you keep an eye on the house.....hehe   :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
DEER SIGHTINGS
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 01:47:11 PM »
never thought about it that way.. :twisted: . hey got another chance to go bow huntin saturday. got permission to hunt approx 100 acres 8) . found a couple hot scrapes, a small rub and found a tree wrist sized that had been rubbed pretty good. i got my stand up and could still here my buddy using his climber. i heard something and an eight point walked in on me quiet enough that he stood 15 yards from me and was looking in my direction. bad choices for trees, my stand was only about 10 foot up. i watched him for about 5 mins. and was finally able to draw after i realized my release had been left ON THE GROUND!! :x . at full draw my arrow fell off the rest. pushed it back up while he stared atme. he saw my hand move, blew, and away he went. gonna hunt the same place next weekend! :D  :D

anybody else huntin' yet?

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
Re: DEER SIGHTINGS
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 01:49:28 PM »
Quote from: gutpiles
Quote from: southern sun

Maybe he just needs to take the little lady on a long weekend while you keep an eye on the house.....hehe   :twisted:

i'm working on getting permission to hunt the adjoining property... :wink:  8)  8)

Facebook Comments