November 18, 2017, 10:06:19 PM

Author Topic: Georgia Hunters  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Black_Ops

Georgia Hunters
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:41:23 PM »
I got a few more questions that need answering, thanks to the Ga DNR and wildlife folks being really vauge.

If I am hunting on a lease, do I still need a license?

Do pigs need to be tagged?

Now I was looking at the licenses on gohuntga.com and there are a bunch! Since all I am really going to be going after is deer, turkey, pigs, varmint, and small game...would i just need to get the hunting and fishing combo? Does that include...big game? (deer)...if deer is considered big game
Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Offline GreatWhiteBuffalo

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Give me Liberty or Give me Death! - Patrick Henry
Re: Georgia Hunters
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 08:48:26 PM »
 I don't know if the feral pigs are game animals in your state, but I would think not. If they are not considered game animals, you don't need a tag. You do need a hunting license to hunt on a lease. That's just my knowledge, hope it helps.
Tread Lightly, and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 08:56:46 PM »
You will definitely need a license on the lease and you will also need a big game stamp for deer hunting.   :wink:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 03:37:26 PM »
Ok, no tag needed for pigs, they are open season. The state is diviede into sections, so you will need to know what section you are hunting. Our out of state license is $303.00 and now(thanks to some idiot) it includes a fishing license.
So you need -  Deer harvest, combo hunt/fish, big game hunting
If you bird hunt, you need a conservation lic.
 3 turkeys per season, 2 bucks(1 has to have 4 points on one side), and I'm not sure about Bear.
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 05:56:53 PM »
Alright, if you are between 16-25 years of age, before you can buy any license you need to have completed a hunter safety course. You will need to bring that certificate with you when you buy your license and it must be on your person when you go hunting.

So take note!!

Just being issued a license is not enough, if you are between 16-25 years of age. You MUST have that certificate with you when you are hunting.

The ONLY exception to this rule is if you are a non-resident and are buying the 1 or 3 day license. At that point only your drivers license is needed.

As far as I know ALL state hunter safety courses are accepted here. So if you took one in another state, just take it with you when you buy your license and keep it with you when you are hunting.

If you are in the service and stationed in Georgia or if you are college student actively in school here, it qualifies you as a resident. Just take your ID with you when you go buy your license.

To hunt hogs ONLY! You don't need a Big Game license but you do need the General Hunting license UNLESS the property you are hunting on is owned by a DIRECT relative. Mom-Dad etc. NOT YOUR THIRD COUSIN BILL!!!!

Deer, bear and wild turkey are considered big game here and you need a Big Game stamp to go along with your General hunting license. The General license allows you to hunt small game and game birds OTHER than wild turkey and ducks. To duck hunt you will ALSO need to buy a FEDERAL duck stamp, because ducks being migratory are covered under federal guidelines.

If you are a resident you might consider getting the annual Sportsmans License. It covers EVERYTHING BUT THE FEDERAL DUCK STAMP!

This is what I buy and it's $55.00 for 1 year and your fishing license and trout stamp and wildlife management area stamp are covered as well.

I had to buy my first Georgia hunting/fishing license in 1976 and I still have trouble figuring out the regs. so I hope this helped a little. Send me a pm if you need clarification on anything.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Black_Ops

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 11:36:34 PM »
I am 23 years of age and I have completed the hunters saftey course and was given a card of completion.
Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 05:47:04 PM »
Then all you need do is take it with you when you get your license and you're all set! O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline GreatWhiteBuffalo

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Give me Liberty or Give me Death! - Patrick Henry
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 08:32:09 PM »
 Good luck, Black Ops! Those hogs are fun to kill, and in most cases, good to eat.
Tread Lightly, and Carry a Big Stick

Facebook Comments