November 22, 2017, 11:41:40 AM

Author Topic: Shovels for coons  (Read 3877 times)

Offline mrjimsfc

• Applied for my club membership...
Shovels for coons
« on: April 13, 2010, 10:34:34 PM »
The city won't allow me to shoot the coons that keep trying to get in my yard by climbing over the fence (I have dogs and the coons eat what the dogs leave in the yard).  The dogs were causing a big rukus at four in the morning and they had a couple of coons in a big rose bush by the fence.  I just used a shovel (usually used to scoop the yard) to smack the coons in the face and that took care of the problem.  Results, two dead coons and no ammo expended.  :knuppel2
         'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.'  ~ Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Shovels for coons
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:49:42 AM »
 ;D O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »
Nice you might also want to look into a pellet gun don't know much about em but there quiet and won't cause a big deal around the nieborhood O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 03:45:59 PM »
In these i used literally the cheapest, lightest pellets on the market.   With the rifle if you want to shoot a coon sized beast use the 16 grainers they will frolick out of the barrel around 800 to 900 fps , over a 1000 fps if you diesel them.

Rifle: Daisy 1000x  $60 with scope and pellets
Air rifle 45 yards

pistol  : Browning 800 magnum $150
Very Powerful Air Pistol
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:48:22 PM by ray40cal »
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 11:02:03 AM »
Nice guns!  O0 O0 O0 O0
Yes, shovels work good for coons.

I can testify that bricks work good for cats. We had a stray pest that wouldn't stay out of our garbage can. He ended up in a plastic garbage bag in the same garbage can.  :twisted:  :buck2
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 08:24:06 PM »
Remember, 'coons are NOTHING compared to squirrels.

In ancient Fardyissmely the people of Shidonya nation, used to put 5 of the meanest raccoon's in a pit with just 1 young squirrel.

The carnage which ensued was so horrific that to this day, not a single raccoon lives in Fardyissmely.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 09:57:18 AM »
Remember, 'coons are NOTHING compared to squirrels.

In ancient Fardyissmely the people of Shidonya nation, used to put 5 of the meanest raccoon's in a pit with just 1 young squirrel.

The carnage which ensued was so horrific that to this day, not a single raccoon lives in Fardyissmely.
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Across the border into Obamapoophead, there are a few still surviving. One more squirrel attack will erase those survivors.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »
If you live close enough to kansas city area i'll sell you that rifle w/ scope and a lot of pellets for $50. FTF.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 01:29:45 AM »
Now wheres the holier then thou black and tan runnin  sobs 
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »
They're out buying flashlights.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments