December 16, 2017, 12:13:42 AM

Author Topic: Random Thoughts...  (Read 309 times)

Offline GreatWhiteBuffalo

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Give me Liberty or Give me Death! - Patrick Henry
Random Thoughts...
« on: April 14, 2010, 09:40:57 PM »
When I sit on the Texas beach like I do every few years, (even though it was after curfew and I could get in major trouble by the band chaperones if I was caught), without the sounds of screaming seagulls and yelling tourists, I feel small, and naturally when I feel that way, I start thinking big thoughts.. I was thinking about the way that people were... all about profit, not about quality. Wasteful, littering, careless. I thought about God, and the exploitation that has almost clouded him so much that He ceases to exist in many people. I thought about all the evils in the world, and asked why God would let it all happen. I looked at the distant oil wells and wondered about how we could be a more efficient civilization... or if we would fall trying, like Rome, Mesopotamia, Mesoamerica, and so many super empires before America. I wondered if the world was finally lashing back at us via earthquakes, eruptions, hurricanes, etc. Our mother earth, giving us a good whipping. But we'll never learn. I thought about how an animal must feel when he realizes that he is in his last stages of life, when he feels an arrow or bullet pierce his skin, or if he feels it at all. I thought about joining the military, whether the Marines or Air Force would give me a better education. I remembered the scene in Saving Private Ryan where the kid, not much older than me, was holding his own guts, screaming for his momma. I thought about how my Grandpa Tom and my friend Monty felt when they roamed the jungles of Vietnam, hoping there weren't mines or ambushes in their next field of vision. I think about my desired route of studying wildlife in college and serving what I love most, American wildlife. I don't think kids are supposed to think of these things, but some of it is really scary and sad.
Tread Lightly, and Carry a Big Stick

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Random Thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 12:14:09 AM »
Man that stuff they let you smoke at band camp is some strong stuff! :shock: Must have got into John's shroon stash for that. :roll: ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 07:53:17 AM »
GWB, it is admirable that you are thinking about these things, but you are forgetting the most important thing......... you are still a kid, enjoy it!!!!  There will be all the time in the world for you to worry about such things. All you need to worry about right now is being right with God, getting good grades so you can go to college, what girl are you gonna take out this weekend and where are you gonna put a stand this deer season. The last two can vary in importance depending on how close to deer season it is. ;D

Seriously, enjoy being young while you can, cause in 10 years you will be sitting somewhere thinking about wishing you were young again. And you don't want to catch yourself wishing you had more fun, or done more things while oyu could. Don't worry so much man, life is gonna happen so just sit back hold on and enjoy the ride for all its worth. O0

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 09:34:26 AM »
Man that stuff they let you smoke at band camp is some strong stuff! :shock: Must have got into John's shroon stash for that. :roll: ;D
  :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 ;D
Deep thoughts for someone so young! But it's a sure sign of growing up, GWB!  O0 You can't imagine how many "adults" never consider your way of thinking.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline GreatWhiteBuffalo

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Give me Liberty or Give me Death! - Patrick Henry
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 09:34:43 PM »

Speakin' of that, I forgot how open people were about smoking the Mary J on the coasts. Every large vehicle that rolled by reeked of the stuff. I don't think people really care anymore.

I guess I should be a little less worried. I think it has something to do with watching the news. Mom says kids my age shouldnt watch the news too much. Too depressing.
Tread Lightly, and Carry a Big Stick

Facebook Comments