November 22, 2017, 07:38:44 AM

Author Topic: My first hunt ever! My first pig ever!  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Black_Ops

My first hunt ever! My first pig ever!
« on: April 24, 2010, 02:33:09 AM »
Well, I said I was gonna do it, and I did it! Big Pig Down baby!!! WOOHOO!!!!! I only waited about an hour and here he comes. I put the sights on him, and BLAM!!! Headshot! DRT!!! I didn't use my AK as Im wasn't sure what distances we would be shooting at, but I know now, and I will be AK time next time I go out. I made a 50 yd shot right behind the ear. This pic I took with my phone, so bear with me until i can get a better one off the other camera. But The pig was about 5' long and 3' tall. I can't express how happy I am about not only going on my first hunt, but taking what I wanted, a nice boar! (I wear a 10 1/2 boot, so you can sort of tell how big he is)
Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: My first hunt ever! My first pig ever!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 09:06:21 AM »
Congrats on the first hunt  O0 Just remember it ain't always gonna be that easy.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 11:16:57 AM »
nice goin O0 I think those will make for some big'n tasty porkchops :)
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline Black_Ops

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 11:38:32 AM »
Oh, im sure its not always gonna be this easy. But the place we are hunting at just seems to be over run with pigs. There were trail cam pics of 15 at one feeder! Cant wait to get out there again and lay the hammer down on them

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 06:02:03 PM »
Heck yeah man bring home the bacon! O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 08:24:37 PM »
Congrats on getting out there and on getting the pig! O0  Nice way to start out.  Just keep at it.  Every time out, you'll learn something new or see something that you've never seen before.  It makes it all worth while.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 09:55:35 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Nice going, B!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Black_Ops

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 04:26:09 PM »
I think Im starting to get the "itch". hunting withdrawls are killing me. My trigger finger is all twitchy....I keep staring at the feral cats in the neighborhood thinking about what kitty-chops would taste like. Im starting to believe John Wayne " A day without killing is like a day without sunshine"

But, the smart thing I did was get that sportsmans license, so I just got to find what other season is open right now.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »
Cool man that itchy trigger finger will eat you alive so keep it fed with animals O0 ;D

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 05:33:31 PM »
Congrats!! You'll get more, cause that part of the state is over run with hogs!

The Sportmans license is one of the FEW things this state has done right. Which makes me wonder, how much longer until they screw it up!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments