October 23, 2017, 07:53:10 AM

Author Topic: Are there any antler casters among ya?  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Antlertine

Are there any antler casters among ya?
« on: October 30, 2003, 10:24:45 AM »
Howdy All.  I was just wondering if any of you cast antlers?  I have been toying around with it as a hobby and have some kinks I need to work out.  Like air bubbles and such.  Would love to share ideas.  Let me know if there are any fellow casters.  I hope the Fall is treating you all well.  I live in Arizona where we dont have much of a Fall, it just suddenly gets cold!!

Happy Halloween Everyone!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 08:47:42 PM »
What are you talking about, making sets of antlers?  If so, how do you start to do that?  Or should I ask Mitch Rompola??   :o  :shock:  :twisted:  :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Antlertine

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 11:09:03 AM »
Hi Big58cal. By making sets of antlers, I make a silicone / fiberglass mold of a huge rack and pour copies out of resin.  It is quite a process but is really neat.  I first make a fiberglass jacket around a set of antlers that have been coated in silicone.  after the silicone is removed from the antlers, I pour resin into the silicone to make a copy of the original.  I have tons of photos if you are interested.  Send me your email address and I will send you a few photos of some bucks I have casted.  My email address is: wildernesstrails@citlink.net

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2003, 07:42:06 PM »
Hey Antlertine, you've got mail.  Sounds like a lot of fun, but a lot of work also.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments