November 23, 2017, 10:03:24 AM

Author Topic: Can German Pointers retrieve?  (Read 5705 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Re: Can German Pointers retrieve?
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 11:09:13 PM »
To have good dogs you have to think with your wallet not your heart.Do not lie to yourself and cull with an iron fist  O0

Some folks just have no heart when it comes to telling themselves this ain't working.
Always remember this...

There is nobility in having convictions...but to stand by those convictions  takes more than a whim!

Most folks fall short in the latter.

Offline curdawgs1976

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 11:27:32 AM »
i have done quite a bit of bird hunting with several GSPs and have seen several that would do anything asked of them i have also seen two that were pretty fair tree dogs these dogs like the weimeraner were bred to be an all purpose dog to find and locate all manners of game and either bay or point according to what it was after they also make great retrievers but like anything else you will only get out of them what youput in another breed you might think on and research is the airedale they excell at just about anything that they are taught they will point retrieve tree and gaurd the house from two and four legged adversaries as well as be your best bud just a few thoughts to ponder

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 10:19:58 PM »
Cool, I'll check the breed out- as for guarding the house- does anybody know if GSPs or airedales are bark-guard dogs, or attack guard dogs? I've always hated those dogs that get all worked up over the slightest person driving by on the road 400 yards away.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 07:11:04 AM »
does anybody know if GSPs or airedales are bark-guard dogs, or attack guard dogs?
wtf are ya talkin bout yeah theyll bark and if yer lucky they might put their life on the line fer yers
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 11:52:54 PM »
Wait....what the heck was I talkin bout. I'm getting like biden over here ;D

Offline curdawgs1976

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 04:16:42 PM »
alot of the GSP that i have been around are really wary of strangers until they get used to them but as far as the airedales go they are very loyal animals and are very aloof around strangers and are very good judges of a persons character and have zero problems tying up with anything or anyone that they feel are up to no good but on the other hand they are very biddable and intelligent and really love everyone that they see as being your or their friend or family

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 05:22:39 PM »
The GSP is a Versatile Hunting Dog. They will retrieve waterfowl no problem.  You just don't want to use them in cold/icy water because they don't have a second coat to keep the warm.  I personally preferr the gsp, vizslas and weimers to the lab because they don't shed as much and don't have the oily coat so they don't have wet dog smell.  Plus by the time your back to the truck they are dry and not soaking your seats.  Just my 2 cents.
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 06:00:46 PM »
Friend of mine had one but he didn't care for it too much.

First thing, the dog reoccupied the Ruhr valley, then it annexed the Sudentland, then it invaded Poland and conquered France in 3 weeks.

But the main reason he didn't like it was that instead of pointing at quail, it would capture one first and torture it until it told him where the covey's were.

Then instead of flushing the covey he would first offer the birds a chance to surrender, but when the quail came out their with hands up, the dam* dog would kill them all with an MG-42!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:04:07 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments