November 23, 2017, 09:58:17 AM

Author Topic: Mongo Takes Over!  (Read 5636 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Mongo Takes Over!
« on: May 01, 2010, 08:59:08 PM »
Well, I went and picked up the little peeing and pooping machine this morning. O0  I had forgotten how sharp a puppies teeth are! :shock:

He'll play for a few minutes and then sleep for a few. ;D  He's made friends with the big dog, but the old, hateful Pomeranian is a different subject. :roll:  Just like a cranky old man, he doesn't want to have anything to do with "kids". ;D  The cat is freaking out with the addition of another dog.  O0 :twisted: ;D

Here's a few pictures of the cute little feller.

s
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:41:06 PM by Big58cal »
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Mongo Takes Over!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 09:06:55 PM »
Right fine looking pup. Very bright, attentive eyes. Looks like he's ready to defend Mason from that mean ol' coon.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 09:38:29 PM »
He's been making that coon live pretty hard since we got home.  ;D  He's passed out in a pen I've got for him in the kitchen right now, with the coon by his side just to make sure he doesn't try anything.  O0

I set up a little enclosure out in the yard to put him in while we weren't here, but decided it will probably be a little while before he uses it on a regular basis.  Seems that I didn't take into consideration that hawks will grab small young puppies and take off with them.  >:(  Until he grows a little more, he'll be staying in the house when we're not here, or at least until I get his permanent kennel set up.

He's been chewing on everything that he can get his mouth on so far. ;D  Yet another thing that I "forgot" about with puppies. :roll:  I remembered they'd chew quite a bit, but .........................  :roll:

I've started house training and collar training him so far.  He's done pretty good on the house training, but only because I've been watching him pretty close.  The collar he keeps scratching at, but he'll eventually get used to it.  Been working on his name, so hopefully before too long he'll know it.  There's a blue million other things to start, but we've got time.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 09:55:54 PM »
Like the sign over the Boss's work bench clearly states " Dates On The Calendar Are Closer Than They Appear". That's a fact. Don't get too complacient with how much time you got and fall behind.
 Glad you remembered the Hawks and such, before you had to explain to the breeder why he needs to sell you another one of his pups. He just might not think you are worthy.
 You might want to consider a roof or fencing over the top of the kennel. That'll keep the birds out and hopefully the pup in. Little dogs like that seem to become quite proficient at climbing chain link.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 10:04:07 PM »
You might want to consider a roof or fencing over the top of the kennel. That'll keep the birds out and hopefully the pup in. Little dogs like that seem to become quite proficient at climbing chain link.

Yep, already planned on that.  O0

Actually, I've only got about 4 months before squirrel season opens here.  There's no way he'll be "finished" by then, but we'll have a good start going by then.  He's already got it running through his veins to hate squirrels.  I just need to bring it out. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 10:24:18 PM »
yeah cant wait to see you nab some squirrels over him. also how you going to go about training him to hunt them.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 10:44:13 PM »
yeah cant wait to see you nab some squirrels over him. also how you going to go about training him to hunt them.

Squirrel hides I've got in the freezer is going to be the main thing.  I'm also going to look into getting a permit to keep a live squirrel.  That should drive the little feller bonkers!  :D

The guy I got the pup from was Jack Buckley, owner of Graytails Kennel.  His grandfather started their own bloodline of Mountain Feist dogs called Buckley Mountain Feist.  Jack continues the breeding today.  They've been working the bloodline for over 100 years I think. ???  Anyway, from what I've been able to gather through my research, he's the best Mountain/Treeing Feist breeder in KY and one of the best in the nation. O0  He wasn't cheap by any means, but he should be worth it.

The pup has generations of little squirrel-hating dogs running through his veins.  If a dog has the natural ability, it makes the training A WHOLE LOT easier. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 10:56:05 PM »
FINE LOOKIN PUP !!!!

He is sharp lookin for sure . B C , be careful of working him on caged squirrels ... a little goes a looooooooong way . I have seen some lose interest when over done , but them hides and a game of keep away is just the ticket  O0

let him cut those teeth on a squirrel tail every day ( out in the yard of course )

I'm so proud you finally decided to " man up " and start huntin squirrels the RIGHT way  :twisted:  ;D

If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 09:19:56 PM »
By far the cutest dog in the world.    It looks like a miniature ladybird but the designs on his face are symetrical.

Mongo is a definite chick magnet.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 09:24:07 PM »
Nice lookin pup BC O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Facebook Comments