November 23, 2017, 08:52:50 PM

Author Topic: Mongo Takes Over!  (Read 5643 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Mongo Takes Over!
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 10:38:13 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 That's an awesome looking pup, BC!
I reckon he might get just a little spoiled before he hunts.  :wink: ;D

P.S., Send the cat to me. I will take care of the cat.  :twisted: ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:39:47 AM by John Andrews »
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 10:48:14 AM »

P.S., Send the cat to me. I will take care of the cat.  :twisted: ;D

Nah, the cat is already pretty much taken care of.  I saw her this morning upstairs, but she hasn't been brave enough to venture downstairs yet.  :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 10:50:45 AM »
Nah, the cat is already pretty much taken care of.  I saw her this morning upstairs, but she hasn't been brave enough to venture downstairs yet.  :twisted:
  ;D ;D ;D ;D  :twisted: She knows a killer when she sees one!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 03:45:28 PM »
FINE LOOKIN PUP !!!!

He is sharp lookin for sure . B C , be careful of working him on caged squirrels ... a little goes a looooooooong way . I have seen some lose interest when over done , but them hides and a game of keep away is just the ticket  O0

let him cut those teeth on a squirrel tail every day ( out in the yard of course )

I'm so proud you finally decided to " man up " and start huntin squirrels the RIGHT way  :twisted:  ;D

Yeah, I had heard that about the caged squirrels.  Figured I'd trap one sometime during the summer and see how he'll do with it though.  I don't plan on using it very much though.

We had quite a bit of rain over the weekend (kind of an understatement...  :roll: ), so when it dries out here in a day or two I'm going to thaw a squirrel hide/tail out and start working him on it. O0  The little stuffed coon I got for him to play with has been getting a workout!  I'll take it and get him roughed up with it and then make it act like it's hopping and take it around my leg and on around behind my back while I'm sitting in the floor.  He doesn't take any crap on that thing and goes after it!  :twisted:

As far as "manning up"...........  :roll:  I just had to wait for the right time.  The boy has been wanting a pup and I've been wanting a squirrel dog.  Killed 2 birds with one stone right there.  I've also needed to have the time to work with one.  Quite a bit of stuff has gotten straightened out, so I've got more time on my hands, plus I've got quite a bit of time that I've got to take off from work before I lose it.  This summer I'm going to be off a total of about 10-12 weeks, spread out quite a bit.  That should allow quite a bit of time to work with the pup.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 06:05:24 PM »
ALRIGHT!!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

"Juan's" a great looking pup!  :twisted:

Don't be so hard on the pomeranian though, all those years years chasing down elephants and rhino's make it difficult for a killer dog like that to settle down with a new housemate! :twisted: :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 10:51:49 AM »
The crabby little old Pomeranian runs hot and cold. :roll:  Once second he acts like he wants to play with him, the next second he growls as him.  :idiot2

The cat finally got a good look at the pup yesterday.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  We were sitting in the living room late yesterday afternoon and the cat was behind the recliners.  Mongo was running around chewing on anything that would hold still long enough for him to get ahold of.  He headed in between the recliners and ran face to face with the cat. :shock:  She started spitting and growling and then took off upstairs again.  ;D ;D  She came down later and spat at him some more and then took off back upstairs.  O0  Poor little Mongo didn't know what was going on.  ;D

Yesterday afternoon we took him outside and let him run around exploring and playing.  He ain't scared of much out there.  ;D  This morning he had been running around in the kitchen wreaking havoc on anything and everything.  The wife picked him up and brought him into the living room for me to watch and pretty well summed him up to a "T".  She said, "He's like a little kid with ADHD!"  ;D ;D  And temper......!  OMG!!  If you don't let him do something, he gets so mad, starts barking, growling, twisting, and biting anything he can reach, which is generally your hand!  ;D  I knew he would be high-strung to a certain extent, but he's like a weasel hopped up on caffine!  :shock:  He's starting to hurt quite a bit when he bites, so I've started pinching his jaw and squeezing until he eases up.  He'll ease up, I'll ease up, he'll clamp back down, so I clamp back down.  It's a vicious cycle.  ;D

Laid a squirrel hide in the fridge yesterday to thaw.  If it's thawed out when I get home, I'm going to start dragging it around in front of him this afternoon.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 01:44:04 AM »
He sounds like a handfull. Probably will turn out to be a tenacious hunting machine
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 09:16:31 AM »
Hunters will love Mongo and squirrels will demonize him.  O0 :twisted:

Mongo will get the cat and your wife's fluffball whipped into shape before long!  :twisted: ;D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 09:32:27 AM »
Well, he got his first taste of blood yesterday. O0  Bad thing was, it was the boy's ear.  :shock: ;D ;D ;D  He literally punched a hole all the way through it.

I had been telling Mason not to lay down in the floor and let Mongo up near his head.  I had also been telling him specifically not to let Mongo get ahold of his ear.  Did he listen?  Nope, and he paid the price for it.  ;D

He was laying down in the yard and letting Mongo mess around up near his head.  There directly I heard him change from giggling and laughing to cries of pain.  I went over to grab the pup and sure enough, he had ahold of Mason's ear.  Had to scruff him to get him to let go.

After we got the boy in the house and checked him out, sure enough, he had a hole through his ear.  ;D

Somehow, I think from here on when I tell the boy NOT to do something around the pup, he's probably going to listen to me a little better.  ;D O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 09:55:01 AM »
  :shock: WOW! I bet Mason listens better now!  ;D
Hey, how about the boy wearing a squirrel bone in the hole in his ear? Cool, huh?  :wink:

Facebook Comments