November 20, 2017, 10:07:50 AM

Author Topic: Mongo Takes Over!  (Read 5600 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Mongo Takes Over!
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 10:54:42 AM »
  :shock: WOW! I bet Mason listens better now!  ;D
Hey, how about the boy wearing a squirrel bone in the hole in his ear? Cool, huh?  :wink:

Uhhhh....... NO!  :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 08:36:15 PM »
OUCH!! Never had a dog bite my ear.

There was this girl in Cancun though...........
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 09:43:30 AM »
OUCH!! Never had a dog bite my ear.

There was this girl in Cancun though...........
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Trying to chew your ears off, huh?  :wink: ;D

I think Mongo is a big wolf trapped into a tiny body.  ;D Squirrels are going to get ravaged.  :twisted: O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 10:08:33 PM »
Well I've bit a dog or 2 on the ear .......... but they ain't never bit me on the ear  O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 09:05:57 AM »
The little feller is getting better about not biting, but still a LONG WAY from totally stopping.  I've been smacking him on the nose with my finger and telling him NO!  He still nips at me, but doesn't really latch onto me any more like he used to.

The boy on the other hand...........  :roll:  He still goes after Mason like he's attacking him. ;D  I swear, I think it's easier to teach that puppy to do something than it is to teach Mason something.  :tickedoff

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 09:29:06 AM »
The little feller is getting better about not biting, but still a LONG WAY from totally stopping.  I've been smacking him on the nose with my finger and telling him NO!  He still nips at me, but doesn't really latch onto me any more like he used to.

The boy on the other hand...........  :roll:  He still goes after Mason like he's attacking him. ;D  I swear, I think it's easier to teach that puppy to do something than it is to teach Mason something.  :tickedoff
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Welcome to fatherhood! I raised 3 boys and 1 daughter. Yep, kids can sure be a handful to raise!  :)

One thing more, Mason is a lot like you, BC.  :wink: You can now understand why he's leaning towards the onery side.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 09:08:14 PM »
tell the boy next time mongo bites him to bite him back    bet it only takes a couple times and that game will be done  O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 09:51:12 PM »
tell the boy next time mongo bites him to bite him back    bet it only takes a couple times and that game will be done  O0

Should have had him do it last night.  We were down at the barn doing some stuff and Mason comes up to me and says, "Daddy, Mongo hurt me."  I'm thinking he probably pinched him pretty good and that was it.  In my mind, if nothing is broken or you aren't bleeding, your OK.  O0  So as I am turning around I ask him, "Are you bleeding?"  Sure enough, he's got a line of blood running down his hand.  :shock: ;D  "Well Bud, I guess he did now, didn't he."  "Let's go to the house."  ;D ;D

The pup was wound up and was getting pretty rough, and evidently Mason was either egging him on or wasn't watching.  He latched onto him right in the web of the hand in front of the thumb.

I'm going to tell him to start biting him back.  We'll see how that goes.  :roll:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 07:37:58 AM »
That sounds like a good idea, BC. I bet it puts the point across real quick to the pup.  O0

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2010, 08:07:24 PM »
What i did with my pitts is when they tried to bite grab them by the throat and just hold them down (SO they are laying on their back).  Gotta do it long enough so that they dont percieve their nips as playful or acceptable, but don't choke em.

Ladybird was great with this but lilly the bigger brown one was more stupid. With a real hornery pit you gotta actually pick them up by the throat and slam them onto the floor on their back.  Not hard enough to break anything but not playfully either.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 08:09:52 PM by ray40cal »
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Facebook Comments