November 21, 2017, 04:59:22 AM

Author Topic: BIRD DOWN AND FLOPPING  (Read 1657 times)

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
BIRD DOWN AND FLOPPING
« on: May 03, 2010, 11:52:33 AM »
I DID IT....got my first Turkey ever......I just started a couple of years ago and still got a llot to learn.....I have been passing Jakes up waiting for TOM.....but I could not pass this guy up....it was tough hunting conditions.....hot and VERY WINDY but I still went out and tried.....I had to come home Saturday night for other plans on Sunday I had been sitting for over 2 hours on Saturday afternoon and this guy and 2 of his Jake buddies just happen to come over the ridge right towards me and the rest is history.......my first bird ever  O0
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: BIRD DOWN AND FLOPPING
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 01:47:59 PM »
Congrats man. You just thought you were addicted to turkey hunting before, now you are doomed!!!! ;D ;D

P.S. It doesn't get any easier after you get the first out of the way. ;D O0

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 03:30:47 PM »
Way to go Schink!!!!!!  O0 O0 O0  He may be "just a jake", but I'm here to tell you, you can't tell any difference in the taste between that one and an older bird.............. and you can't eat those beards and spurs.  :wink:

You did better than me on getting your first one.  You guys don't have as many turkeys up there as we've got down here and it still took me several years before I got my first one.  I hunted a couple of years when I was in high school, but didn't start going again until I was in college (probably about 1991-92).  I finally got my first one somewhere around '99 or 2000.  :tickedoff

Just like with Ned's turkey though, you sure aren't going to get one by staying at home on the couch. :wink:

Congrats again man!!!  Any turkey legally harvested is a trophy in my book!  O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 05:56:40 PM »
Way to do it! O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 07:26:34 AM »
Thanks guys......and thanks for the advice.....it's funny you say that Ned.....our State just happen to have extra tags left over and you can buy them  :tickedoff  for 10 buck each.......WELL I bought one for this next weekend JUST IN CASE I don't have to work....if not I WILL be out there again TRYING my luck........nothing cooler than a silent morning with gobbles off in the distance  O0 even cooler when the gobbles CLOSE THE DISTANCE

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 09:05:15 AM »
Congratulations, SHINK!  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 10:32:16 AM »
I tell you what, there's not much else in the world that compares to having a bird gobbling, strutting, and drumming while coming into your set up. O0  There's no other feeling like it in the world, something that a non-hunter just can't understand. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 10:50:43 AM »
I CAN'T WAIT........I got the chills reading that......I GUESS I'M HOOKED  O0

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 05:55:11 PM »

And there's NO CURE forthis addiction! :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 09:14:07 AM »

You think you're hooked now?  Just wait.  :roll:  When you get one 20-30 yds away from you that keeps strutting and double gobbling, but you can't get a shot at him for several minutes.  :tickedoff  You'll feel like your heart is going to explode!!  That is if the turkey doesn't hear your heart beating first.  ;D :wink:

Like I said in another topic, if turkeys had antlers they'd be the most prized trophy on the North American Continent.  O0

Good luck Schink!  Hopefully you'll get a big old gnarly tom this round.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments