October 17, 2017, 02:31:30 PM

Author Topic: Kentucky & Barkley Lakes Closed  (Read 262 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Kentucky & Barkley Lakes Closed
« on: May 05, 2010, 03:02:01 PM »
Lakes closed due to heavy rains.

More Info:  WFIE.com
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Kentucky & Barkley Lakes Closed
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 08:11:09 PM »
DAM*!!!

Those are big lakes too! I wonder if this has ever happened before? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 09:03:14 AM »
Not to my knowledge.  Several years ago when I was working for the KDFWR at one of their summer camps, we had had quite a bit of rain and they weren't letting a whole lot of water out of the dams to try to control the flooding below them.  The levels of the lakes rose up quite a bit and was flooding some of the lower land around the lakes.  All of the carp and gar were coming up into the newly flooded areas.  We were slaying the things with bowfishing equipment.  O0  I think total during that time, the level of the lakes went up about 10' or so.  :shock:  Even at that time they didn't close them to boat traffic.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Lady_taxidermist

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
    • http://www.brandonwildlifestudio.com
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 10:11:54 AM »
hmm, i don't remember them ever closing the lakes here due to too much rain/flooding...

However they have been closed a few times for not enough (bacterial growth from stagnate water)

Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently and for the same reason.

Sometimes i aim to please, but mostly i just shoot to kill.

All of us were born crying. Some of us outgrow it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 10:14:58 AM »
Wow!
They exclude boat traffic here on the river when it gets to flood stage because boat wakes will damage the levees.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 10:25:11 AM »
DAM*!!!
Oh, I see what you did there. 8)

Facebook Comments