November 22, 2017, 06:08:25 AM

Author Topic: PETA Buys Ad Space on an Urn  (Read 949 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
PETA Buys Ad Space on an Urn
« on: May 06, 2010, 01:24:58 PM »
PETA Buys Ad Space on an Urn

5/5/10

PETA has given new meaning to the phrase “ashes to ashes and dust to dust,” after the animal rights group purchased advertising on a dying man’s urn.

Aaron Jamison, a comic based in Oregon who suffers from a terminal case of colon cancer, offered to sell advertising space on the urns that will hold his cremated remains in order to avoid having his wife pay the costs associated with the process.

PETA pounced on the idea and offered $200 for the space.  One will read: “'I've Kicked the Bucket - Have you? Boycott KFC,” and another, “'People who Buy Purebred Dogs Really Burn Me Up. Always Adopt.”

“If taking advantage of a dying man and publicizing insensitive ads is your thing, I guess PETA’s latest antics are no big deal,” said Doug Jeanneret, U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance vice president of marketing.  “However, for normal citizens, this animal rights group has stooped to yet another low just to get some publicity.”

Courtesy of the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: PETA Buys Ad Space on an Urn
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:26:23 PM »
Nothing these buttplugs do surprises me anymore.

It's times like these that make me hope Darwin is right.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 10:50:48 AM »
That's super classy on all counts.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 07:08:13 PM »
Nothing these buttplugs do surprises me anymore.

It's times like these that make me hope Darwin is right.
Yeah on that!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments