October 19, 2017, 07:39:10 PM

Author Topic: MEC Steelmaster reloader  (Read 255 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
MEC Steelmaster reloader
« on: May 10, 2010, 08:12:31 PM »
Just got a new reloader a MEC single what a nice machine. I was having crimping issues with my Lee. This one will put a great crimp on a new unskived hull with out effort. I got one set up for "steel" . I also got a Kit load for 3" 1 1/8 steel loads. It comes with 100 Fiocchi 12ga 3" Hull, 16mm Brass, 7mm Basewad, F616 primer,Ranger Plus wads,Tyvek overshot cards, and 12ga 3" 25rd factory boxes.I also got Thick Mylar wrap wad liners 10 Lbs of  #3 steel shot.I had some mica slick and 8 pounds of "Steel" powder. The load I'm using is 38 gr and 1 1/8 #3's, they should be going 1550 fps and be like 10,000 psi. In the world of shot gun thats a darn snotty load. I have to shoot them yet but hope to this week . If all goes as planed I'll lode about 100 of them next week. I'll put some pictures up of the pattern then.

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: MEC Steelmaster reloader
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:22:21 AM »
Very nice, D45! I sure like your nice crimps, too!
My brother Charlie and I used to have a MEC 250 that worked great.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments