November 19, 2017, 05:28:52 AM

Author Topic: Last Weekend..  (Read 658 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Last Weekend..
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:32:17 PM »
I decided not to hunt the last weekend of turkey season and went trout fishing in the Chattahoochee instead.

Saturday was a beautiful day and I fished from about 6am to 1pm. I saw some wood ducks, some mallards, saw a family of otters, watched a beaver stealing some wood from a gillion dollar golf course that runs by the river, saw at least 4 muskrats, might have been more but I didn't want to count the same ones twice.

And..........

Saw three cute young ladies sunbathing topless along the side of the river. When they saw Space Mountain.....They felt honored. I gave them my approval nod! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I didn't catch a single fish.

Went to a different part of the river on Sunday and fished from about 8am to 4pm. I was using my ultra light spinning tackle and caught 11 trout between 7 and 10 inches in length. I turned them all loose. They were caught on 1/16 ounce Rooster Tails, Little Cleo's and Mepps Aglias.

BUT.....

IT WASN'T HALF AS MUCH FUN AS SATURDAY THOUGH!
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Last Weekend..
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:34:47 PM »
Yeah, there's something to be said about not catching any fish and getting to see all kinds of other critters or just getting to do other things.  Several years ago I got hungry for some bluegill, so I decided in earnest to catch some out of our lake.  Friggin' fish kept biting so hard and fast they wouldn't even let me drink my beer!  :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff  I finally had to just quit fishing.  O0 ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Last Weekend..
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 08:00:30 AM »
Sounds like both of ya had a great time!  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 And didn't even get into any trouble!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments