November 22, 2017, 12:25:33 AM

Author Topic: Beat the Thermacell butane cartridge, cheap and EASY  (Read 14955 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Beat the Thermacell butane cartridge, cheap and EASY
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 12:45:55 PM »
BC, pics of what you did would be much appreciated! I am not good at written instuctions, but give me a picture and I am all over it!  ;D

Just watch the 2 videos near the start.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Pydpiper

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 10:04:09 AM »
Like the other stuff, I didn't come up with this on my own.  ;D  But why try to reinvent the wheel, right.  :wink:  I lifted this off of the Excalibur discussion forum.  It was done by a guy that goes by Pydpiper.  He's pretty smart, even if he is from Canada.  :roll: ;D O0

It is amazing what you can come up with when you Google your own name on a boring Sunday morning. :)
In my defence, I am American, I just live in Canada.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 07:30:56 PM »
It is amazing what you can come up with when you Google your own name on a boring Sunday morning. :)
In my defence, I am American, I just live in Canada.

At least I did have the decency to give you credit for it.  O0 ;D  Besides, these fellers would have known that I wasn't smart enough to figure it out on my own.  ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Pydpiper

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 08:25:53 AM »
You sure did, and thanks!
It's worth noting that I did try quite a few other ways to get that cylinder refilled, a few were experiments with epoxy and second party valves. I just couldn't get comfortable with the concept, although they all appeared to have worked. I would have preferred a threaded valve.
The valve in the canister is a fine one, no need to remove it. The check valve you bypass is only there to prevent us from refilling, it is not a safety valve. by-passing the internals to add a second part valve has potential to fail. My thermacell spends 90% of it's life on my lap, absolutely not the place you want a fill valve to fail beside an element. :)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 09:14:03 AM »
My thermacell spends 90% of it's life on my lap, absolutely not the place you want a fill valve to fail beside an element. :)

Yeah, I don't think I'd be very comfortable having it sitting there, knowing that it could potentially fail.  :shock:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments