November 19, 2017, 10:48:25 PM

Author Topic: Plott's Dogs Would Drown...  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Plott's Dogs Would Drown...
« on: June 24, 2010, 01:51:36 PM »
Either that, or they would find someone to give them a boat ride across.  :roll:

;D ;D

Starr Mountain Coon Lot Water Race.wmv

That one dog flat smokes the others though!  :shock:  The quote I found with the clip on another site was, "Here is a clip of Phil Bairds male out of Browns Lady in a coon swim race."
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Plott's Dogs Would Drown...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 09:24:28 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Beat them by a mile!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 10:26:43 AM »
You would get shot for trainen a dog to chase a coon into the water and following it in back in the day! :shock: Thats one thing that was never allowed on a hunt.
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 11:24:24 AM »
They trail it to the water they damn well better get in there after it
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 10:15:28 AM »
We almost lost a pup one night when a coon was drowning him in a deep puddle by some RR tracks.
My cousin Earl quickly waded out to rescue the pup. When he got involved with getting the coon off the pup, the coon turned on him and was chasing Earl back to shore when I shot the coon.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 10:36:09 PM »
Wait a minute  andrews has a cousin earl and yall say im the hillbilly
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 11:03:53 AM »
Wait a minute  andrews has a cousin earl and yall say im the hillbilly
Well, actually, he was my dad's cousin.  :roll: And yes, you are still a hillbilly.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »
Yeah, I think I'll have to side with Plott on this one.  Besides, it's generally accepted that you have to be from the Appalachian region to be considered a "hillbilly".  :wink:  Plott would be more along the lines of your classic Redneck.  O0

Andrews, with his cousin Earl, and his other cousin Earl..............  Well, I just don't know. :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 04:29:46 PM »
So im a redneck  ellwood is a hillbilly  bo is a cracker and  andrews jest wishes he could be like us

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 11:10:57 AM »
So im a redneck  ellwood is a hillbilly  bo is a cracker and  andrews jest wishes he could be like us
  ;D ;D ;D ;D Wrong on the last part! I'm happy just being an old Indian. Getting involved with some of your adventures, I probably won't get any older because you can outrun me.

Facebook Comments