November 21, 2017, 10:49:10 PM

Author Topic: Less Than 2 Month's 'till Dove Season.  (Read 1216 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Less Than 2 Month's 'till Dove Season.
« on: July 14, 2010, 03:59:59 PM »
I can't believe this, but we've got less than 2 month's untill the opening day of dove season in Georgia. It open's September 4th and I'm trying to figure out where the summer went?

I guess we'll have to start looking around for a field to shoot, I'm pretty sure we're still welcomed on the field we shot last year, but I'm also sure at least one of our group will suggest we go somewhere else.

That's also a tradition it seems, with the Bud's I shoot with. Everyone could shoot their limit and somebody would still say the field wasn't a good one.

Last year, they raised the limit to 15 from 12, but shortened the season by a week or so. That was fine with me and as far as I know it'll be the same this year, but the regs. haven't been published yet.

The only thing cast in stone is that opening day is always the Saturday before Labor day, which makes it the 4th.

Has this summer gone by as fast for y'all as it has for me?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
Re: Less Than 2 Month's 'till Dove Season.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 07:40:57 PM »
What summer   seems like the snow just melted last month. i still got to much to do for summer to be half over
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:34:17 AM »
  O0 O0 Have fun with the doves, bo! We can't get a dove season here.  :tickedoff
Summer in Iowa. Floods, torrents of rain, hot as hell, bugs like you have never seen them, and severe storms and tornadoes one after another. Flooded rivers all summer cancelled most of our fishing and my yearly walleye fishing trip vacation with my son from Phoenix.  :sad:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline GreatWhiteBuffalo

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Give me Liberty or Give me Death! - Patrick Henry
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 04:23:35 PM »
Ah yes, Dove season. One of my favorites. Waking up at 5, going to the field, donning a light jacket, drinking a thermos of black coffee, loading the shotgun, and walking to the edge of the field to catch the birds the other hunters scare my way. Then being told how bad of a shot I am by the old men cause they heard 10 shots and I only got 5 doves. "If we depended on you to feed us, we'd all be dead!" (But with more laughing and more cussing  :roll: ) Same exact thing for the evening hunt, give or take a few birds. Breasting the birds over a bucket, the old men yell random tips about plucking, and then saying a few nasty things I won't repeat on this forum... :roll: Starting up the evening fire, wrapping the breasts in bacon and grilling em till they are crispy, and then being told how great you are to have around camp (because I cook and I always manage to kill something good to eat and I maintain a fire  O0 ) despite all the jokes about the bad shooting  :roll:, and then the men cuss until everyone drinks enough whiskey to put them to sleep.
 ;D
Tread Lightly, and Carry a Big Stick

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 09:54:51 AM »
Yeah, good times, GWB!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 10:28:43 AM »
I cant beleive you would shoot those poor lil birdies like that.  ;D ;D ;D ;D I had to eat squab and dove years ago so I have no thrill in hunting em anymore. But it is a challenge to hit em!! O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 09:13:29 PM »
I NEVER hit them, but dove shoots are like a drug you know?

It's the first hunt of the fall and football season is starting, bow season is a couple weeks off, you're making sure the rifle is sighted in, and if you don't get your fix, you wind up going gonzo for the remainder of the seaon.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline GreatWhiteBuffalo

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Give me Liberty or Give me Death! - Patrick Henry
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 08:00:05 PM »
With as much ammo as I use pumping into the air at those buggers, I could afford to eat lobster or T-Bone. :D  I probably go through a box of 25 getting my limit of 15
Tread Lightly, and Carry a Big Stick

Facebook Comments