October 18, 2017, 01:56:09 AM

Author Topic: new shotgun reloading press  (Read 261 times)

Offline born-to-hunt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
new shotgun reloading press
« on: July 18, 2010, 11:54:35 AM »
I just got home and on the way stopped at a yard sale it was pretty cool sale I got some boots, bow practice tips, and a 12ga reloading press without paying more than $6. I dont know much about reloading presses and would like to learn he said it was 12ga and ready to use it looked like it had all of the parts to get started. what are some of the things I will need I know hulls, shot, wads,primers, and powder is that all? what kind of all that? I dont really know much but i'll see if I cant get it visually checked out. and also I asked if I could roll slugs with this but he said he doesn't know that he never tryed anyone know anything about that? oh and it says "Texan loadmaster"

thanks
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
Re: new shotgun reloading press
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 12:53:27 PM »
Haven't reloaded shotgun shells in some years, but I'm pretty sure that Win. AA hulls are still pretty much the standard which all others are measured. If ya can't find AAs, try to find some with 8pt crimps, the 6pt crimp hulls don't close as well. You can probably find some good load recipes online.

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 03:40:59 PM »
I would also like to try making more "exotic" shotgun shells like beanbag shells I think that would be pretty neat :) but will slugs be good or do I need some kinda bit for that?
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 03:28:32 PM »
It's been several years since I reloaded shotgun shells, but if memory serves me, you can't "make" slug rounds.  The standard reloader can't do all of the things necessary for them.

As for general reloading though, get a manual and read it, then read it again!  Last thing you want to do is have one blow up on you.  :shock:  Certain loads call for specific, hull, primer, powder, wad, and shot combinations.  Think about it for a second...........  You're setting off a controlled EXPLOSION just inches away from your face.  You need to make sure that everything in there is as it should be.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments