November 21, 2017, 01:21:51 AM

Author Topic: Well at least the boat did not sink  (Read 544 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Well at least the boat did not sink
« on: July 19, 2010, 09:19:41 AM »
FINLAY! Tiber is starting to kick out some walleye. We were up "North" yesterday and slammed them. A boat load of walleye all right at 14" and fat. That's not big but for Tiber it is average. There were a lot of "People" up there playing,skiing,tubing,ext. Not many fisherman and the wind was N.East about 30 mph when we came off. The lake is not full by any means but all the boat ramps are very usable. White jigs tipped with worms ( Not leaches) in 10 feet of water was the key!! Later "D"  :uglystupid2

We did have an existing few moments. I turned on the live well to keep some of the fish for dinner. We were fishing and I couldn't here the pump running so I flipped open the dog house on the motor to see if it was running. CRAP!The bilge was full of water to the top and starting to seep up on top of the floor. The Live well pump burned up and was leaking water in a a darn good rate.My bulge pump doesn't come on by it's self ( Why any one would build a boat that way I'll never know  :knuppel2) so I had the wife hit the switch and I tried to slow the water. After some fast jury rigging I stopped the water and the pump could start to keep up to the water in the boat,got here all pumped out and closed off the line to the live well. I than ran my wash down hose to the live well and ran it in and over the overflow to keep them alive and happy ( till I cut'm up). Now I have a new project, new live well pump and a shout off valve !!! :tickedoff

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Well at least the boat did not sink
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 09:37:55 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 You did good, even though you had trouble, D45.

Our Mississippi river Walleye fishing is suspended until the water level drops. The dang river has been at flood stage for quite a while.

We troll floater/diving Wally Divers for walleyes. Some other fishing folks troll about everything available with some sucess.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments