November 22, 2017, 06:40:31 PM

Author Topic: Question for the ladies.....  (Read 963 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Question for the ladies.....
« on: November 04, 2003, 11:23:38 AM »
I'm curious what kind of feedback you get from other women when they find out that you are a hunter.  Most women (I said most - not all) that I've met are stuck in the 'poor little defenseless woodland creature" mode of thinking and are rarely convinced otherwise.  Do you ladies have more success educating them since the "savage hunter" is a woman as well?

Just curious,
GP  :D
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 07:14:26 PM »
My wife doesn't like me being gone, but she likes the meat! :P   She thinks the deer and squirrels are pretty, but she doesn't really care one way or another when I bring them home, even when she sees the deer hanging.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 02:08:59 PM »
Every time I mention about wantin to go huntin, at first they look at me funny, but then they think that it's really cool that I want to do it, since there aren't that many women into it.  Every one at work wants me to take them along. LOL

Jen :wink:

april

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 09:13:41 PM »
I find that women don't like women hunters.  It's stupid, to me, for them to think that, because....they (we) always cry about equality and all that b.s.  They tear into "Oh..the poor creatures...how could you do such a thing?".  Well, I tell them..that hunting is a sport.  The animals we take are used for food.  And they have a 50-50 chance.  I also tell them to think about the poor cows they're devouring in their Mickey D's hamburger.  Those suckers are born to be killed.  That's the only thing they are there for.  Which is worse?  And, then I proceed to tell them to stuff it.  Because I'm a woman with a gun...and might not want to tick me off. (I'm kiddin...) (well...)
I just find that women don't support women hunters.  I think it's partial "they don't want the animals hurt..blah, blah"..., but, mostly, I think it stems from a little jealousy...because women hunters and men hunters share a bond...we're all hunters...it's part of an elite group..lol..and those painted up Barbie dolls can never touch that because they'll never understand.

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 12:01:35 AM »
I've also come across a few that wouldn't get into hunting because they would have to get dirty  and be out in the woods, and a snake might get them.  I just tell them to grow up and get some "balls"! LOLOLOLOL  After that they are cool with it.  Oh, I also tell them to think about where all the meat in the stores come from!  It don't grow on trees, ya know! :wink:
Jen :wink:

Facebook Comments