November 21, 2017, 08:55:32 PM

Author Topic: Northern Ontario Black Bear  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Hazmat

Northern Ontario Black Bear
« on: July 24, 2010, 11:43:29 AM »
This bear is about 250Lbs and should put on another 100lbs by bear season.

I hope to get him with my new Excalibur Equinox crossbow this year all my previous bears have been with 30.06 rifle, this year I am going to get up close and personal, my tree stand is 20 yards away.  I have two other smaller bears coming in (200LB) but this is the one that I want to get!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:49:19 AM by Hazmat »
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to there level and then beat you with experience!

Offline born-to-hunt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
Re: Northern Ontario Black Bear
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 03:45:41 PM »
COOL man good luck bringing home a rug this season O0 O0 O0
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline Hazmat

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:40:11 AM »
Hello,

I am heading up north @ noon today in search of Black Bears, we have been baiting and have 2 active bait sites.  I will be in a tree stand with my Excalibur Equinox and 455 grain meat missles waiting for a large Bruin to come looking for his last meal!

Tomorrow I am going to try calling in Bears at a berry patch that has lots of Bear sign with my Foxpro Spitfire only this time I will have my Tikka T3 hunter in 30.06 as from what I have seen on the internet this brings in Boars fast and hard.  hopefully I will have some good story's to post next week!
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to there level and then beat you with experience!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 12:45:43 PM »
Good luck Hazmat!  O0  Save us a chunk of that bear meat. :wink:  I've heard it's pretty good (except when John cooks it of course  :buck2 ).  Hope you get one with the Equinox.  They're definitely a good bow.  I shot almost length-wise through a deer last year with mine.  You shouldn't have any trouble on a bear.

But you know, if you were a real man, you'd just go with a knife.  O0 :twisted: ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 04:51:43 PM »
Good Luck!! Get a big 'un! O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 08:52:43 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Yeah, good luck with the bear, Hazmat!

I can tell ya what an old boar bear smells like when you are cooking some of the meat on the stove!  :shock:  :roll: Even the chilli made from the meat I ground was really strong. 

A young bear is much better eating, I hear. I've only killed one, an old cinnimon boar that had more bad attitude and brawn than brains.  :knuppel2 :buck2
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Hazmat

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 08:45:21 AM »
No Bruin for me! :'(

The Bears where coming in and hitting the bait sites  late at night well after legal shooting time (1/2 hour after sunset).  While I was there I had every thing show up looking for a free meal including racoons,crows, vultures and even a mink!
I will try and get one more weekend away and try to fill my tag, if not Bow season for Deer starts in Ontario October 1st.

John, I only eat small bears under 200Lbs and trim all the fat away; the big one's are only good for a rug.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 05:03:14 PM »
At least you got to go and that's what counts! :wink: O0

Stick with it, you'll nail 'em!! O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 09:17:24 AM »
Yeah on old ones only good for a rug!  :-P My folks ran across a couple of small packages of that bear in their freezer, long after I butchered the critter. I suggested they feed it to their dog or toss it away.

I did eat the rest of the old boar, though. The guys I worked with didn't seem to tire of the big pots of bear chili I took to work, though.  ??? ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 09:27:45 PM »
I thought for a minute my ex had moved to Ontario. But, since Hazmat says it only weighed 250lbs, it can't be my ex......That's waaay too small.

Facebook Comments