November 20, 2017, 11:10:10 PM

Author Topic: The Mongo Man is GROWING!  (Read 3660 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
The Mongo Man is GROWING!
« on: July 28, 2010, 05:03:45 PM »
The little turd is growing like a weed!  :shock:

Here's the "before" picture, the day I got him when he was 6 weeks old.

Below is the "after" picture of him now, almost 19 weeks old.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: The Mongo Man is GROWING!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 05:17:32 PM »
Talk about a "rough" life.  :roll: :roll:

I took the pictures earlier today.  They aren't that great, but they've got "the boy" in there as a size reference.  He hasn't grown as much in 13 weeks as the dog has.  ;D  Last week when I took him to the vet to get his "big boy" shots (rabies, distemper, etc) he was just shy of 19 lbs. :shock:  I know he's a garbage gut!  He thinks he's always starving to death.  :roll:  Even though I keep his food out in front of him.

And that's another thing!!!  >:(  That freaking Iams puppy food is outrageous!!!  :tickedoff  There's cheaper stuff out there, but I can't find any that has as much crude protein in it as the Iams.  With him getting bigger though, he's eating a heck of a lot more!  :shock:

Haven't really messed with "squirrel" training him yet.  Since I've been off, I've started working on some basic obedience stuff with him.  OMG!  He's hard-headed!!!  :tickedoff :tickedoff  One thing that he HAS learned though is to not growl at me if I go to take something away from him.  :wink: :knuppel2  That s**t don't fly with me!  :knuppel2

He's getting better about the house training, but it's still a long battle.  :roll:  He's getting better about "holding" it, but not so good about "telling" me that he's got to go outside.  The result is usually a quart-sized puddle!  :shock: >:(  Like I said, still more work to do on that.  ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 10:39:26 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 That's a mighty fine looking pair there, BC!

Yep, those dogs are known to be hard headed but shine in the woods.

The weather has been too miserable to work with the pup. I bet he doesn't need much work to figure out his part of squirrel hunting.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:41:00 AM by John Andrews »
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 05:08:32 PM »
He's not hurting my cat or pomeranian is he? You'll need them to back him up when the squirrel's attack!!! :D ;D :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 08:10:42 PM »
Uh bc turn in yer mancard to alejandro
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 09:37:53 PM »
Uh bc turn in yer mancard to alejandro

John first!  :roll:  Ain't nothin' wrong with lettin' the boy play with the little dog, is there?  ???  The boy had been outside playing and had gotten pretty hot, so he was in the house cooling down.  Mongo came in too to "chill out" for a little while.

Hey, at least my dog doesn't wear little pink ribbons and dresses like John's do.  And not to mention that he's still a pup!

And no Bo, Mongo has been pretty much leaving the geriatric Pomeranian alone.  He's finally figured out that the little old dog doesn't like him.  As for the cat, he still chases her, but not as much.  O0  She doesn't venture downstairs too much anymore.  ;D  Just as soon as she hears the back door open, she makes a bee-line toward the stairs.  ;D ;D ;D O0  But it's usually with Mongo in hot pursuit!  :twisted: O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 08:00:31 AM »
Anyone who uses OMG  while postin in the mans best friend  board.     must give up their mancard
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 08:02:38 AM »
Figured that was a little better than putting "Mother F*****".  O0 ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 10:34:06 AM »
   :shock: :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 ;D  ;D ;D Good ol' pal BC razzes me about  wife's little dogs and he has a C-A-T and a P-O-M-E-R-I-A-N!

BC's only salvation is that now he has a squirrel dog and it chases the C-A-T.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 05:14:17 PM »
   :shock: :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 ;D  ;D ;D Good ol' pal BC razzes me about  wife's little dogs and he has a C-A-T and a P-O-M-E-R-I-A-N!

BC's only salvation is that now he has a squirrel dog and it chases the C-A-T.  ;D

The cat and the Pom are the wife's. :roll: 

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments