November 21, 2017, 10:54:24 PM

Author Topic: The Mongo Man is GROWING!  (Read 3675 times)

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Re: The Mongo Man is GROWING!
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 08:14:02 PM »
Dont matter who owns them if they are in yer house ya automatically are subject to the rules of harasment normally reserved for flashlight salesmen
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 08:45:56 PM »
Mongo's looking sharp - won't be too much longer and it'll be time to protect the BC estate from the savage buck toothed hordes of the forest!!   :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 09:25:21 PM »
Mongo's looking sharp - won't be too much longer and it'll be time to protect the BC estate from the savage buck toothed hordes of the forest!!   :twisted:

FINALLY!

Someone who truly understands!  Though it really surprises me that coming from GP.  ???

As for the cat and the Pom.............  :roll:  The Pom the wife drug in while we were living up in Greenup County.  The poor little feller is older than dirt, is pretty much deaf, and only has about 4 good teeth left.  I don't think he's going to make it much longer though.  :-\  He's a hateful little dog, and I've punted him like a football more than once, but I still hate to see anything happen to the little feller.

As for the cat......  >:( >:( >:(  I HATE CATS!!  And the wife knows it!  She and the boy came dragging that thing in several years ago after someone dropped the thing by the babysitter's house.  I think they threw her out of a moving car and she hit a tree or something.  She's definitely brain damaged.  :idiot2  One of her pupils is larger than the other and she definitely doesn't land on all 4 feet when she falls, like a normal cat would.  I've punted her like a football several times as well.  The only satisfaction I get is watching Mongo go after her.  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

As for Mongo, he's "the MAN"!  O0  All 3 of the dogs are males, but Mongo is the only one "still packing".  :wink:  He's getting tougher than nails as well.  He wrestles with 'the big dog' all day long.  Considering that Tye (the big dog) outweighs him by about 5x, he does pretty good holding his own.  Mongo is faster than Tye and gives him a run for his money when he's chasing Tye around the yard.

I'm going to start running a squirrel hide around on a string sometime next week, so we'll see how he does with that.  I had tied one on a string and messed with him a little with it when he was about 8-9 weeks old.  He didn't really know "what" he was doing, but you could tell that he "knew" that the squirrel hide was more than just a toy to him.  O0  When he'd grab it, it was a PITA to get him to let go of it.  O0  His other toys, no so much.

So anyway, the way I look at it, anyone can have a pack of dogs for coons, but they're nothing compared to having a little Mountain Feist for squirrels.  O0  As they say, "Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog."  ;D ;D ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 12:17:35 AM »
Didnt any one tell ya  the uglier they are the better they hunt   course its cause its the only thing they got goin for them. besides as rifle can now agree with  if it aint brindle it aint right    haha
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 02:55:38 PM »
I am actually really excited to see how this whole squirrel hunting dog thing goes, please do document it for us.  before i found this site i'd never even heard of a dog trained to hunt squirells.  i guess it's not really a west coast thing.   :idiot2
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 07:46:19 PM »
Duneman, check out squirrel dog central. Squirrel hunting with dogs is nothing new. In fact the squirrel hunting comps are growing every year. I want, no I NEED another dog. I'm still trying to decide on a hound/cur from amazingcur kennels or another bluetick.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 08:52:51 AM »
I've seen a few hounds that would hunt coon and squirrels.
 As far as Mongo, I bet he makes a great squirrel dog. O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 01:26:22 PM »
Isn't it time for an updated pic of da beast!?  Mongo! Mongo! Mongo! 
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 08:38:58 AM »
Isn't it time for an updated pic of da beast!?  Mongo! Mongo! Mongo! 
  O0 Yeah!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments