October 21, 2017, 07:00:26 PM

Author Topic: WELL! Here is the thing.  (Read 395 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
WELL! Here is the thing.
« on: August 02, 2010, 10:31:05 AM »
The Fish wildlife and parks department very nearly got the troubled Sage Grouse put on the endangered list this year.I do believe that there not doing enough to help them retain a balance. It was "Business interest" ( cattle ranching) that kept them off the list because it would dramatically affect there bottom line. They get to graze there live stock for almost nothing $$$. But that is another dissection. What I'm feeling now is; Should I hunt them or be the only on NOT hunting them. I read that most of the harvested birds ( 65%) are taken the first two days of the season,and over 65% of the surviving birds will winter kill. SO with that said can I bring my self to shoot them? I don't know. I'm thinking that I'll sit out opining weekend and not be apart of the kill off but the remaining 65% that will die any way ??? There a blast to hunt and we have made a Labor day hunt,just the kids and me, for 20 years. Its a very strong family "Doing".I would guess that the wildlife gang will get them closed very soon and our opportunity will be gone forever. What should I do here, hunt them in to oblivion or stop and have them TAKEN away form us? HUMM!!

No plan yet...

"D"

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: WELL! Here is the thing.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 08:19:37 PM »
Sounds like it's 6 of one & a half dozen of another.  ???  I say if the season is still open, go after them opening weekend and then call it quits.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 10:32:52 AM »
Sounds like it's 6 of one & a half dozen of another.  ???  I say if the season is still open, go after them opening weekend and then call it quits.  O0
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 That sounds like good advice.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline meatisgood

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 11:03:03 AM »
I agree to just hit them on opening day take your daily limit or less and stop for the year. You can also tell other hunters in your area to try doing the same and see how it goes, good luck O0 O0
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.
"Ted Nugent"

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 10:55:16 PM »
Maybe try farming/raising them if you have a spot to do it. I have no idea how grouse would hold up in a pen though. Quail do alright.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Facebook Comments