October 23, 2017, 04:09:02 AM

Author Topic: cyote  (Read 777 times)

Offline zach

cyote
« on: August 02, 2010, 05:10:57 PM »
just wondering the best time to hunt cyote me and my buddy go out a couple days at a time but never find any thing? ??? and how big of a pain in the butt will it be to kill one with a 22cal.lr since i sold my 12ga and ant had the money for another one :sad:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:09:41 PM by Big58cal »
nothing like being outdoors and being you own boss!!

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Re: cyote
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:14:46 PM »
Anytime is good time    and its a big pain
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline zach

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 05:23:01 PM »
whats a good cheap gun to use for em?
nothing like being outdoors and being you own boss!!

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 05:34:41 PM »
if you have an accurate semi auto .22 you shouldn't have that much trouble i've heard of people doing it but I would say a H&R handi rifle single shot you can get one for around $200 or a single shot 12ga
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline D45/70

Re: coyote
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 08:25:43 PM »
This time of year any time is good... What you NEED to do Is Camouflage your self, cover your face,and arms they stand out like beacons. Try to put your back to the sun and the wind MUST be in your face. Don't sky line your self ever,sit under the hill or in front of a hey bale or at least in front of a big wooden fence pole. The call you need now is a Pup in distress or a fawn/calf distress call and a squeaker to get them in close. DON'T OVER CALL  a little is best and DON'T move around sit very still.Tie a father to a bush 50 yards from you and let it attract there attention,don't look like a hunter !! We have shot many Big western dogs with a 22 you just have to place your shot, no shoulder or gut shots. In the head or heart. A 17 caliber lets you shoot a bit farther. Try to get them in as close as possible, I have had them sniff my pant leg,thats close!!! Don't give up, sit there 20 minuets or more before you move, some times it take 10 different sets to get one to come in ... Good luck keep after it it will happen!

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 11:06:25 PM »
Rough rider revolvers are under $200. The .22 mag would probably go through a coyote.  There's also HR and Rossie break barrel shotguns for under $200 new.  You could buy a HiPoint and "bust a cap" for under $200.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline GreatWhiteBuffalo

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Give me Liberty or Give me Death! - Patrick Henry
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 12:40:11 AM »
USE A .243.
Tread Lightly, and Carry a Big Stick

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 04:56:06 PM »
What's a cyote?

Is it anything like a coyote?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 07:59:22 PM »
What's a cyote?

Is it anything like a coyote?

Its one of those things that smuggle mexicans i think
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 11:05:01 PM »
Dont be giving Bo new ideas on how to smuggle in his Mexican midgets anymore.  :shock: You know he was air lifted from the cost of Cuba for trying to get some miny Recarto's there too! If it wernt for that one lil fellow hawlering Da plane Da plane, Bo would has be in Gauntonamo lock up with the Talliban! :-\ ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Facebook Comments